Short break ideas? Tallinn or Budapest?

donnie

Milfner, on 23 Aug 2013 - 7:57 PM, said:

Budapest a hole? What? 

I'd fully recommend Sarajevo and you could get the train to Mostar (2 hours away and quite simply unbelievable views) for the night and come back the next day. 

Just had a look at Mostar  looks pretty nice

Next years plan is to knock off Albania , Macedonia , Kosovo , Serbia and Bosnia so Mostar is going on the list of places to visit  , thanks for the tip

Purchased a cracking carved wooden chess set from a market in Mostar. Nice place... i was there before the war so can't class it as Bosnia! 

Milfner, on 23 Aug 2013 - 7:57 PM, said:

Budapest a hole? What?

I'd fully recommend Sarajevo and you could get the train to Mostar (2 hours away and quite simply unbelievable views) for the night and come back the next day.

Just had a look at Mostar looks pretty nice

Next years plan is to knock off Albania , Macedonia , Kosovo , Serbia and Bosnia so Mostar is going on the list of places to visit , thanks for the tip

Purchased a cracking carved wooden chess set from a market in Mostar. Nice place... i was there before the war so can't class it as Bosnia!

My mum went to Hong Kong in 95 and still claims she's been to China !!!

Even today, it's debatable whether one can claim to have gone to China if one has been to HK (but not other Chinese cities).

It's so different from the mainland.

Even today, it's debatable whether one can claim to have gone to China if one has been to HK (but not other Chinese cities).

It's so different from the mainland.

Probably because I've been to both anyway I always argue you can't claim Honkers as being China .. though in fairness I'm still trying to claim Tibet as a country rather than autonomous China so my stance is a tad hypercritical :)

Â