Southampton

NurembergVillan

Have to admit I really enjoy watching them and I'm really impressed with how they're able to impose their will. What's more important - watching them gives me hope for Villa, that a good team can be assembled in a couple of seasons if you have a solid base, a good manager, chairman's backing and a good plan.

Have to admit I really enjoy watching them and I'm really impressed with how they're able to impose their will. What's more important - watching them gives me hope for Villa, that a good team can be assembled in a couple of seasons if you have a solid base, a good manager, chairman's backing and a good plan.

If only we had the chairman's backing.

• Like 1

If only we had the chairman's backing.

Agree. But not sure we have the other three either.

• Like 1

still not that impressed, except a toothless liverpool and an off form United they havent played anybody of note. they have played 5 of the bottom 7 so far

Have a run of 6 games coming up with villa Newcastle and the top five except Liverpool.

I think they will be pretty much the same as us, finish about 6th / 7th this season then get picked apart next summer, shaw will go, I think all of the sky 4 could go for him, wanyama will see it as a stepping stone, Osvaldo has already had a moan

that's when we'll see what they're made of, that's where we fell apart

• Like 1

They'll be top 10 no problem, probably 8th or 9th. Can't see them finishing higher as obviously injuries will occur and think their results will dip. Probably this seasons WBA.

Intelligently assembled aswell as I think 5 of their regular first 11 were playing for them in league one.

still not that impressed, except a toothless liverpool and an off form United they havent played anybody of note. they have played 5 of the bottom 7 so far

Yes but it's Southampton.

They've gone from relegation candidates last year to impressing this year. Doesn't matter who they are beating, it's still good form and a big leap.

Yes but it's Southampton.

They've gone from relegation candidates last year to impressing this year. Doesn't matter who they are beating, it's still good form and a big leap.

they spent 40 million on 3 players id expect them to beat them teams

• Like 2

the young / milner / downing money?

like I said that's where we fell apart

Things have changed since then though.

Yes but the initial damage was done. The original point was assuming that Southampton would emulate us when there is no reason to believe they will.

Sure they'll lose some of their better players, but if they have a manager with a smarter plan than spending 40 million on Ireland, Bent and N'Zogbia, they can pull a mini Tottenham and actually get better with the money they'll get. Their problem is that in order to get into top 4 they'll need to spend a fortune and 5th/6th isn't a big deal when trying to attract top players, as we've found out ourselves.

• Like 1

Southampton were a better team than us last season and they are this season, I enjoyed watching them last season and they have improved a lot this year, they are a club who will be looking to break into the top 6 or 7 in the next few seasons, wish I could say the same about us

Â