Southampton

NurembergVillan

I have a few relatives who had connections to the club before the new chairman came in, they were in one big **** mess... so it doesn't seem right a club can buy their way to success, a few years after almost going bust and having to sack loyal employees. 

Funnily enough my friend worked for Portsmouth, they shat all over him.

In response to the OP by Nuremburg, Southampton have already been where Pompey have, after being relegated in 2005 they went into freefall and were in league one by 2009.

Always had a bit of a soft spot for them probably due to Le Tiss.

I thought they were wrong to sack Adkins but Pochettino looks very capable so maybe Cortese does know what he's doing? Also worth noting amongst the big signings they regularly start with luke Shaw, Ward-prowse, Lallana and Chambers has been picked ahead of Clyne so far this season so four academy players in their starting 11 which is to be admired.

I can see them sneaking into the top 10 tbh this season. This year's WBA.

I keep hearing predictions that Southamption will be top 10, maybe even top 8 this year? I don't see it myself. They've spent a lot but I'm not sure they've spent well. I'm predicting they'll struggle this year.

Terrible kits, too. What happened to the stripes?

Depends who you reckon will fill the 8th, 9th and 10th spots. I reckon we've got a good chance of being on of those teams and would say Swansea but who knows if they have a long Europa league run?

No chance WBA will be top 10 this season and I'm not convinced that Everton will even make the top 7 this year so below the top 6 will be very open this season.

Nothing they paid off the clause when Southampton were struggling in league 1.

No they paid off some of the clause. It's now a much-reduced clause than it was originally. Still great business by Spurs but the Saints will get something.

as for 1st post. I dont think Southampton have made any great signings at all. Wouldnt take either of the 3 players at Villa personally.  While Osvaldo has talent he is a nutcase and a diva.

threw tantrums at Roma as wasnt loved and even decked Lamela

as for 1st post. I dont think Southampton have made any great signings at all. Wouldnt take either of the 3 players at Villa personally.  While Osvaldo has talent he is a nutcase and a diva.

threw tantrums at Roma as wasnt loved and even decked Lamela

Almost got sent off for Southampton at the weekend too. Kamara said straight after he was booked he went in again and then showed dissent to the ref in a 'jeez leave me alone' kinda way. Well Pochettino knew what he was buying.

I only just found out that Forren is back at Molde after 6 months and having not played a single game for Southampton. Very strange.

Indeed. Guess he didn`t wanna risk it considering they got Lovren in. Fun fact actually that many people missed or don`t even know, even over here is that he is supposedly didn`t know about the manager change that happened right after the transfer. So the media sort of blamed it on being unfavorable for the new coach and all that. But it was reported few days after that he did know about that. Even so, weak choice of him from the get-go, and leaving that quick is just poor. It`s not like the saints are stacked with quality cb`s

A few of their fans are becoming increasingly obnoxious. I dislike Osvaldo although Wanyama is a decent signing for them. They overpaid a lot for Lovren too IMO.

Although last season we were hearing how amazing a coup Ramirez was for them and overall I think he's been very bad.

Their youth setup is very good though.

• 1 month later...

Excellent team, should be finishing in the top 10 this season.

What is impressing me is how quickly Pochettino has got their back 4 in order. Remember all the good play under Adkins let down by someone falling over in the defence and letting in the opposition to score? Well today was their 4th clean sheet in a row and they always have a goal in them.

Pretty much the same back 4 that started last season bar the Croat and a refocused Boruc in goal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2446431/Southamptons-Dani-Osvaldo-dreaming-life-Argentina.html

Dani Osvaldo, the man Southampton paid £15million for during the summer, has admitted he is dreaming of a move back to Argentina.

The striker was born in Argentina but qualified for Italian citizenship through a great-grandfather and says that he will take time to adapt to the style of football in the Premier League.

According to the Sunday People, Osvaldo said: 'Football here is so physical, but it doesn’t have the technique and quality that it has in Spain.

'I’m already thinking about moving back to Argentina. I want to play for Boca, that’s my dream.

'I have been dreaming about wearing Boca’s shirt during my entire life.' 

The 27-year-old opened his tally for Southampton last weekend against Crystal Palace and is hoping to add to it when Swansea visit St Mary's on Sunday.

Boss Mauricio Pochettino knows Osvaldo well from their days together at Espanyol. Speaking on Friday, he said: 'For a striker to score goals is bread and butter. The fact that he got his first goal is key for him.'

Edited by Villan4Life

Â