Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

If I were offered a point from each game against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool I would have taken it in an instant.

We already have 3 points before Chelsea and Liverpool so anything else is a bonus in my opinion.

• Like 4

I was optimistic about the game against Arsenal but I can't see anything but a loss in this one. Chelsea are just something else in attack and if they play their proper team it'll most likely end up 3 or 4 -1. 

That being said if we stay organised in defence we are always a threat on the counter so at least it should be an interesting game to watch.

Not so confident about this one. Arsenal were quite vulnerable in the way that the fans were on their backs and there was a looming tension amongst them. Chelsea are gonna be quite the opposite. We very nearly scraped a draw when we played them at VP and we'd hit some form, so if we keep it tight at the back and go batsh*t crazy on the attack we could catch them off guard. Either gonna be a comfortable Chelsea win or a very nervy draw.

Mata, Lukaku, Luiz and Schurrle being rested for our game by the looks of it :P

Mata like Cazorla was on a 12,000 mile round-trip this week,  Luiz is injured and looking like Lukaku and new signing Schurrle will be playing against us. On watching them currently destroy Hull, obviously we aren't as bad as them, does look ominous we will be on the end of relentless pressure for the 90 minutes. Our defence will have to be on top form for this one. 2-2 and I'm being optimistic. 

Chelsea's crisp passing against hull looked ominous for us. Hazard, Oscar, De bruyne, Mata, Torres, schurrle could cut our defence apart. Chelsea are a real Top team unlike the arse. No chance of us beating them and it would be a miracle to get a draw.

3-1 Chelsea.

No pressure game for us. If by some magic of football we win then the whole of the sky love fest get blown open and the villa become a force overnight. Its games like this that make players and teams great and were only one game in amazing, 2-2

No pressure game for us. If by some magic of football we win then the whole of the sky love fest get blown open and the villa become a force overnight

That's a very good point actually. IF we manage to beat Chelsea, all of a sudden we'll be media darlings, I'll guarantee it... and I don't think that'll be a good thing with such a young team. As strange and all as it sounds, we need to be underdogs, not the new focus of the hype machine.

Jesus imagine how inflated the heads would get if we had 9 points from those opening 3 games :lol:

I'd take a dire 0-0 draw here where Guzan pulls off about a hundred world class saves and everyone else is average here, because I think it'd set us up better for the Liverpool game than a win would, as strange as that sounds