Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

Title explains it really, what random information do you know that is totally useless, you don't really know why you know it, its not even interesting really, but you know it and have kept it in there for some reason.I love random bits of information like this and seem to retain them far better than anything useful, such as stuff I've revised for exams.I'll start you off with 2, but there's plenty more where this came from1) Venus is the only planet that rotates clockwise2) Even before he joined Newcastle, Michael Owen had scored more goals at St. James' Park than Keiron Dyer (though it wouldn't surprise me if Dyer had caught him now...)So go on, I want useless facts, only rule is you have to know them, you can't look them up.

Haydn's Toy Symphony was really written by Mozart's father.

The guy who really played bass guitar on Procul Harem's 1967 hit "A Whiter Shade of Pale" is a trainer of English teachers based in Barcelona, who is probably very distantly related to a one-time Moor Green goalkepper (who made one first-team appearance for Walsall).

Elton John's cousin scored a goal AND broke his leg in the first half of the 1959 FA Cup Final.

Ant-eaters infinitely prefer eating termites to ants.

Ill go with a niche one:

In the film "The Big Lebowski" (which is a bowling film following the adventures of a bowling team set largely in a bowling alley for the stupid people who have allowed themselves to have not seen it) the main character, The Dude, doesnt bowl a ball once.

from your wrist to your elbow joint is exactly the same size as your foot.

*how many people will be testing that out in an office!!!*

Ha read the first bit then did measured it, before then reading the last bit :bonk:

Here's one I found out today by reading the Guardian...

...Thomas Sorenson and Stuart Taylor are both only 2cm smaller than Peter Crouch, who isn't the tallest player in the prem, Isaksson is.

...Thomas Sorenson and Stuart Taylor are both only 2cm smaller than Peter Crouch, who isn't the tallest player in the prem, Isaksson is.

That's got to be wrong, neither of our keepers look anywhere near Crouch's height

That's got to be wrong, neither of our keepers look anywhere near Crouch's height

That's what I thought, its just because Crouch is so thin I think.

According to official websites of their clubs:

Crouch is 6'7", Isaksson 6'6½", both Sorensen and Taylor 6'5"

Joe "The Brown Bomber" Louis (of being one of the greatest boxers of all time fame) is on the books of Liverpool FC as having been a player.

If anyone trys to start a "who was the hardest player ever?" conversation, throw this one at them. :)

Â