Jump to content

Totally useless information/trivia


paddy
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

That’s also true of Swe(den) v Den(mark), which I think I read on here?

Wondering also about Poland vs Andorra and Bhutan vs Tanzania.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
On 08/06/2021 at 11:14, a m ole said:

Niger, Nigeria’s 3 letter code is NGA. Thankfully, they’ve never played each other.

Yeah I think it did come up because there was the possibility they could meet in one of the recent world cups. It's definitely NGR :lol: FWIW, Niger's abbreviation is NER.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter

Robert Earnshaw is the ONLY player ever to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, all three divisions of the English Football League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and for his country in an international match.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
3 hours ago, Genie said:

Robert Earnshaw is the ONLY player ever to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, all three divisions of the English Football League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and for his country in an international match.

Yep, this is conclusive proof that he is the best striker to ever play the game.

People might not want to agree, but you can't argue with facts.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 4 weeks later...

The late David Mercer is the only person to have umpired and also later commentated on a Men's Wimbledon final.

He was also a Solicitor and came within 500 votes of winning a parliamentary seat for the Conservative Party.

I can't really see Johnathan Pearce doing that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The late David Mercer is the only person to have umpired and also later commentated on a Men's Wimbledon final.

He was also a Solicitor and came within 500 votes of winning a parliamentary seat for the Conservative Party.

I can't really see Johnathan Pearce doing that.

. . . because he has better politics than that, or because failing to win a seat in Parliament is a feat beyond him? 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . because he has better politics than that, or because failing to win a seat in Parliament is a feat beyond him? 🤔

The man did Robot Wars. Nothing is beyond his capabilities.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The man did Robot Wars. Nothing is beyond his capabilities.

And Boris Johnson is PM. Anything is possible. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, bickster said:

I think we should weigh everything in Badgers, it's going in the manifesto

I could do with losing some weight. At least 2 badgers worth. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Surprised badger's don't weigh more than that, seems a bit low. 

That'll be an American badger, unlike the American human they're smaller than the Europeans.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, bickster said:

I think we should weigh everything in Badgers, it's going in the manifesto

Agree.  But we should also have subdivision of a badger themed on other woodland mammals.  

"3 stoats of cherries please greengrocer." 

"That's just over.  Its 3 stoats and a pipistrelle.  Is that OK?"

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • VT Supporter
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That'll be an American badger, unlike the American human they're smaller than the Europeans.

Noted. But where would a Honey Badger fall, more or less than the Lindisfarne Gospel? 

Also, English badger's for English books! Just wait until BoJo finds out about this! 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â