Totally useless information/trivia

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

Happy Thatcher death day

Ah what a surreal night in Liverpool that was, smiles and friendly faces in every pub you visited bumping into people you hadn't seen for years and where the hell everyone found those fireworks in April is still a mystery

There was hardly a car on the road and people were spilling out of every pub you passed

We had to use our immense knowledge of back street boozers just to stand a chance of getting served

Also, the line "I'm off out for a drink love, Thatcher's dead" was universally accepted

• Haha 1
  • VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, bickster said:

Ah what a surreal night in Liverpool that was, smiles and friendly faces in every pub you visited bumping into people you hadn't seen for years and where the hell everyone found those fireworks in April is still a mystery

There was hardly a car on the road and people were spilling out of every pub you passed

We had to use our immense knowledge of back street boozers just to stand a chance of getting served

Also, the line "I'm off out for a drink love, Thatcher's dead" was universally accepted

The day she was kicked out of Number Ten in tears, my then boss took us all down the pub and stood a round of Thatcher's Ruin cider. The office Tory was turn between his 'principles' (sic) and his natural inclination to arselick. The latter naturally won out and he sat there with an obviously forced smile while we all whooped it up. 

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, bickster said:

Y'know ... she is still dead 🤔 so that should still work.

• Haha 1

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â