Jump to content

Totally useless information/trivia


Recommended Posts

  • VT Supporter
4 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Ever wondered why parents tell kids not to pick dandelions or they’ll wet the bed?

New one on me. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Moderator
On 05/02/2021 at 21:37, mjmooney said:

New one on me. 

It was common over here. The folklore, not the bed wetting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
  • VT Supporter

The equals sign was first used by Robert Recorde, a mathematician from Tenby in 1557. The first usage is shown in the lower tweet. No idea what he was trying to work out.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...
  • VT Supporter

Something that apparently got a bit of notice a few years ago, but I missed it -

Chuck Lorre, creator of tv shows Two and a half men, The Big Bang theory, co wrote the theme tune to teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Something that apparently got a bit of notice a few years ago, but I missed it -

Chuck Lorre, creator of tv shows Two and a half men, The Big Bang theory, co wrote the theme tune to teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Talk about peaking early

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The man who played keyboards on Chicory Tip’s Son of My Father also produced Never mind the bollocks. Chris Thomas. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
On 28/02/2021 at 19:13, Mark Albrighton said:

The equals sign was first used by Robert Recorde, a mathematician from Tenby in 1557. The first usage is shown in the lower tweet. No idea what he was trying to work out.

 

I didn't realise @Demitri_C invented the Equal sign

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
41 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

The life of a male lion (assuming no hunters) has to be the best in the animal kingdom. Basically shagging and lying around doing nothing. The women do all the childcare, go hunting and bring you a steak every now and then. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The life of a male lion (assuming no hunters) has to be the best in the animal kingdom. Basically shagging and lying around doing nothing. The women do all the childcare, go hunting and bring you a steak every now and then. 

So a lot like our gig except they don't have to fix things around the house... amirite?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
19 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

So a lot like our gig except they don't have to fix things around the house... amirite?

No. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator

Happy to find out on Thatcher death day - Happy Thatcher death day btw - that, contrary to the popular myth, she didn't in fact help to develop soft serve ice cream. The process of adding air to ice cream. It was already out a decade before she worked at J Lyons.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • VT Supporter
5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Happy to find out on Thatcher death day - Happy Thatcher death day btw - that, contrary to the popular myth, she didn't in fact help to develop soft serve ice cream. The process of adding air to ice cream. It was already out a decade before she worked at J Lyons.

It would have been right up her street though - ripping off the punters by adulterating the product with fresh air, so as to sell less actual ice cream for the same price. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
Just now, mjmooney said:

It would have been right up her street though - ripping off the punters by adulterating the product with fresh air, so as to sell less actual ice cream for the same price. 

In fairness I'd say that's the dream of every product manufacturer if you can do it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â