Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

On 08/06/2021 at 11:14, a m ole said:

Niger, Nigeria’s 3 letter code is NGA. Thankfully, they’ve never played each other.

Yeah I think it did come up because there was the possibility they could meet in one of the recent world cups. It's definitely NGR :lol: FWIW, Niger's abbreviation is NER.

• Thanks 1

Robert Earnshaw is the ONLY player ever to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, all three divisions of the English Football League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and for his country in an international match.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Robert Earnshaw is the ONLY player ever to have scored a hat-trick in the Premier League, all three divisions of the English Football League, the League Cup, the FA Cup, and for his country in an international match.

Yep, this is conclusive proof that he is the best striker to ever play the game.

People might not want to agree, but you can't argue with facts.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

The late David Mercer is the only person to have umpired and also later commentated on a Men's Wimbledon final.

He was also a Solicitor and came within 500 votes of winning a parliamentary seat for the Conservative Party.

I can't really see Johnathan Pearce doing that.

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

The late David Mercer is the only person to have umpired and also later commentated on a Men's Wimbledon final.

He was also a Solicitor and came within 500 votes of winning a parliamentary seat for the Conservative Party.

I can't really see Johnathan Pearce doing that.

. . . because he has better politics than that, or because failing to win a seat in Parliament is a feat beyond him? 🤔

54 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

. . . because he has better politics than that, or because failing to win a seat in Parliament is a feat beyond him? 🤔

The man did Robot Wars. Nothing is beyond his capabilities.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

The man did Robot Wars. Nothing is beyond his capabilities.

And Boris Johnson is PM. Anything is possible. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

I think we should weigh everything in Badgers, it's going in the manifesto

I could do with losing some weight. At least 2 badgers worth. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Surprised badger's don't weigh more than that, seems a bit low. 

That'll be an American badger, unlike the American human they're smaller than the Europeans.

20 hours ago, bickster said:

I think we should weigh everything in Badgers, it's going in the manifesto

Agree.  But we should also have subdivision of a badger themed on other woodland mammals.  

"3 stoats of cherries please greengrocer." 

"That's just over.  Its 3 stoats and a pipistrelle.  Is that OK?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That'll be an American badger, unlike the American human they're smaller than the Europeans.

Noted. But where would a Honey Badger fall, more or less than the Lindisfarne Gospel? 

Also, English badger's for English books! Just wait until BoJo finds out about this! 

Edited by Rds1983
  • Haha 1

Â