Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Something that apparently got a bit of notice a few years ago, but I missed it -

Chuck Lorre, creator of tv shows Two and a half men, The Big Bang theory, co wrote the theme tune to teenage mutant ninja turtles.

19 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Something that apparently got a bit of notice a few years ago, but I missed it -

Chuck Lorre, creator of tv shows Two and a half men, The Big Bang theory, co wrote the theme tune to teenage mutant ninja turtles.

Talk about peaking early

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 19:13, Mark Albrighton said:

The equals sign was first used by Robert Recorde, a mathematician from Tenby in 1557. The first usage is shown in the lower tweet. No idea what he was trying to work out.

I didn't realise @Demitri_C invented the Equal sign

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Big Salad said:

Some lions mate over 50 times a day.

The life of a male lion (assuming no hunters) has to be the best in the animal kingdom. Basically shagging and lying around doing nothing. The women do all the childcare, go hunting and bring you a steak every now and then. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

The life of a male lion (assuming no hunters) has to be the best in the animal kingdom. Basically shagging and lying around doing nothing. The women do all the childcare, go hunting and bring you a steak every now and then. 

So a lot like our gig except they don't have to fix things around the house... amirite?

• 2 weeks later...

Happy to find out on Thatcher death day - Happy Thatcher death day btw - that, contrary to the popular myth, she didn't in fact help to develop soft serve ice cream. The process of adding air to ice cream. It was already out a decade before she worked at J Lyons.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

Happy to find out on Thatcher death day - Happy Thatcher death day btw - that, contrary to the popular myth, she didn't in fact help to develop soft serve ice cream. The process of adding air to ice cream. It was already out a decade before she worked at J Lyons.

It would have been right up her street though - ripping off the punters by adulterating the product with fresh air, so as to sell less actual ice cream for the same price. 

• Like 1

Just now, mjmooney said:

It would have been right up her street though - ripping off the punters by adulterating the product with fresh air, so as to sell less actual ice cream for the same price. 

In fairness I'd say that's the dream of every product manufacturer if you can do it.

Â