• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

Lambert needs to wear a suit every game...

Armani all the way.

It's a business trip, so treat it like one.

Kiton all the way. Has to be the best for our Paul.

Great result for the Villa. Delph looks to have carried last year's form into this year which is a good sign.

Edited by RunRickyRun

WOOF LAMBO! ;)

Vlaar made so many mistakes it could've cost us the game. I want to see a new FORTRESS improvement at cb this summer.

Delph and KEA did a really good job at midfield, they've played much better than I expected.

Gabby.. DYNAMITE! So explosive in pace defenders starting to panic although the yelllow card pick-up was a bit silly.

Weimann & Benteke.. MEH! I was hoping for one of the new boys to come in @ the 60th minute TBH.

Stealthy TONY MOON thought he did a wonderful job sometimes caught at little defensive mistakes but what a bargain so far.

Lowton & Westie were ok. 

Clark & Baker very solid.

Bacuna got a bit anxious when he got the ball. He has a deadly shot on him but the nerves got the better of him.

Bring on CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by SempiternalVillain

I was terrified when Clark came on, but he was great today. Really poor ref decisions, some in our favor, some not. Great finish from Tony Moon, welcome to the Villa son! Delph so unlucky not to score. Guzan looked a little ropey in the first half but more than made up for it with some game-changing saves. Vlaar a bit suspect, lucky not to get sent off. Not Weimann's day. Gabby was great. Benteke looked a little out of it in open play on occasion but still managed two goals.

Three points and top of the league! We go again!

I didn't watch the game, so can't judge for man of the match. But great result and I think there could be a good season ahead. I'm hearing the 2nd penalty was dubious but then Sczesny should of been sent off so it balances.

That is now 3 wins at the Emirates stadium. Only Chelsea and Manchester United have more. That stadium is a curse for them.

We did well to weather the storm at the start and push on after that. One thing we looked was a team, but for me Delph had one of his best games in a Villa shirt.

Great for the Moonster to score too!!!

In Lambo we trust.

Â