• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

But you're forgetting that there is always the chance of a referee not giving the foul. The penalty alone isn't enough punishment to put players off committing fouls like this in the first place. With no chance of a red card, the keeper's options are:

1. Let the striker have an attempt on goal/open goal (chance the striker will miss)

2. Foul the player, and concede a pen (chance the referee will not give the foul AND chance the penalty will be missed.)

That's why the keeper should be sent off in these situations. Yellow card isn't enough.

Does the keeper deserve to go if a genuine attempt to stop the ball was made and the forward was inadvertently fouled???

Personally I hate all this last man, red card crap.

The rule was introduced to stop the professional foul..... The forward's through on goal and the chasing defender hacks him down = Red card.

Or in a cup final Gabby's gone past Vidic with only the keeper to beat then Vidic drags him down = Red card...................... oh shit!???!??

Anyway Red card should be for the professional foul. The keeper shouldn't even have been booked on Saturday. It was a pen, no further punishment necessary, end of.

I can't agree with that. The keeper took a player out, then becomes the hero by saving the penalty. My take it was touch and go whether he got a red - he didn't.  It all ended well and the pen did go in the net (eventually)

Arsenal deserved a red card on sat for the way they surrounded the referee at every decision - something I thought had been outlawed - with only the captain allowed to speak to the ref. 

Â