• Lowton
    • El Amadi
    • Westwood
    • Delph
    • Weimann
    • Agbonlahor
    • Benteke
    • Clark (for Baker 17)

Watching it on Football First Match Choice, the commentators seem so annoyed that we won. Terrible bias towards the Sky 4!

Martin Keown was brilliant on Final Score, so obviously gutted and making excuses. I don't know how pundits get away with so much obvious bias. 

Watching it on Football First Match Choice, the commentators seem so annoyed that we won. Terrible bias towards the Sky 4!

How many times did they mention the unfortunate sending off!? Just kept on and on.

How many times did they mention the unfortunate sending off!? Just kept on and on.

We were winning before the sending off! Bloody London bias!

• Like 1

Great team performance, Clark did very well to come on when he did. Benteke was marked out of the game which left Gabby rise to the occasion. We really do have great character as a team.

Arsenal need big changes to make a top 4 challenge, they looked petulant and devoid of ideas, Wenger out.......lol UTV

Great day out all in all. Atmosphere from us brilliant as always. Particularly enjoyed the "Aye Oh, Aye Oh, it's up the holte we go!" Sounded great. The old ones are the best ones.

The Emirates is up there for best ground in the country for me. Great view and a modern stadium with a bit of character. Shame the Arse don't make much noise!

My worry is that last season e had a tremendous 3-1 win away from home , unexpectedly, with benteke getting a couple of goals against a tough top team. Next game we had Chelsea , lost 8-0.

I hope history does not repeat

• Like 2

I thought we'd be hammered. I didn't like the team selection, and wasn't happy about Clark coming on.

Completely wrong, then. Clark was very good and the second half performance was the perfect away play. Well done, brilliant. Really pleased with this.

• Like 1

Great game :flag:

Thought Delph and Gabby looked great, El Ahmadi seemed to do a lot of closing down and harassing which is good to see.

They'd marked out Benteke for obvious reasons but that created some space for us.

I'd like to see my rapid face change when the first penalty went in "Here we go...he's misseditohnowaithe'sheadeditin!"

We were in good voice as fans and their ground is very nice.

I've saved my holiday money to go to every competitive game this season and have been mulling it over whether I made the right choice or not but if today's a sign of things to come it's going to be money well spent! :D

• Like 1

Seen the game through on match choice, arsenal and their fans absolutely hated our game plan, they seemed annoyed that we were just harassing them for 90 minutes and they couldnt handle it. Ref was awful but i think we deserved something from the game definitely.

Have to be honest when it came up on soccer saturday that we'd conceded within 6 minutes i though well here we go again but we seemed to ride out the storm which we never did last season, way too early too get carried away because the openers can be misleading but hopefully thats a sign of the team maturing.

My worry is that last season e had a tremendous 3-1 win away from home , unexpectedly, with benteke getting a couple of goals against a tough top team. Next game we had Chelsea , lost 8-0.

I hope history does not repeat

That did cross my mind.

Perfect day.

I was at work, with the bluenose marketing manager. He was giving it loads of gob when we went a goal down. Suffice to say he got quieter as the afternoon wore on. 

And my bet with my Baggies mate (Anelka v Benteke, £10 for top scorer plus a quid per goal difference) gets off to a good start with twelve quid in the kitty. 

:D

Great result for us... I listened on Radio 5 and when we conceded, I thought we were in for a bruising. But we stuck to our task and Agbonlahor seems to have had the game of his life. Delph sounded good, and Guzan, really put up a good display. The relief I felt when Tony Moon netted our 3rd was similar to when Benteke netted at the death up at Stoke last season...

Cracking start fellas...

Fwiw, I voted Benteke man of the match. Purely for the two goals - he showed a lot of determination to get in and head the rebound from his missed penalty, especially considering it wasn't a textbook rebound i.e. it came down from the stars for him to head it.

Knuckle down then on Wednesday, a different smelling kettle of fish there at the Bridge. A wretched hive of scum and villany... we must be cautious.

• Like 2

Â