Madrid

Demitri_C

Definitely cheaper (apart from the food market but that was worth it!).

Barcelona is probably a nicer looking city. But there seemed to be a lot more to do in Madrid, and it seemed a lot more Spanish (whilst still being touristy)

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Definitely cheaper (apart from the food market but that was worth it!).

Barcelona is probably a nicer looking city. But there seemed to be a lot more to do in Madrid, and it seemed a lot more Spanish (whilst still being touristy)

Oh mate the food market in Madrid is out of this world. The squid was incredible. Madrid was the city I proposed to my ex, so therefore dont think i would go back. Glad you had a great trip Stevo! 

• 6 years later...
On 24/01/2016 at 20:43, Stevo985 said:

Tickets for that are already booked.

Apologies for the ancient quoting and bumping of the thread. 
Do you remember how you got tickets? I’m interested in going this season for part of my 40th celebrations and the game would be the main reason in going.

21 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Do you remember how you got tickets? I’m interested in going this season for part of my 40th celebrations and the game would be the main reason in going.

No worries mate.

I don't know the site she used, but it was a third party resale site. So the season tickets were sent to our hotel and we just picked them up, used them, and leftthem in the hotel reception to be picked up.

I'll ask her if she remembers which site she used but she probably won't

• Thanks 1

On 26/07/2022 at 11:10, mikeyp102 said:

Third party sites as stevo says are best bet tahts what i did

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

You might want authentic Spanish food only but there’s an absolutely banging taco place called Tiki Taco, easily the best I’ve ever had including 3 weeks in Mexico. And they cost from €1 euro for fillings such as slow cooked veal. The margaritas are incredible too.

1 hour ago, tonyh29 said:

Madrid is all about the suckling pig  ..at what's claimed to be the oldest restaurant in the world 

Living there I'd say this isn't a Madrid thing—it's something that comes from Segovia, a town just outside Madrid.

And it's **** disgusting looking!!—a barbequed corpse of a baby pig split up its inside.

Madrid's iconic food is battered calamares in bare, boring baguett. If you're lucky you get a squeeze of lemon on it. (This kind of Spanish food is really overrated imo)

Edited by Rolta

On 26/07/2022 at 11:10, mikeyp102 said:

If you want any reccomendations for Madrid I can give you some.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 02/02/2016 at 15:38, Stevo985 said:

I'm back. It was excellent. I think I might actually prefer it to Barcelona.

I totally agree. Much much nicer than Barcelona. Could it be better than London?

On 30/12/2022 at 15:27, Louis said:

I totally agree. Much much nicer than Barcelona. Could it be better than London?

I had a better time in Madrid than I've ever had in London to be honest

Madrid  better than London  .. there's something I never thought I'd see written on the internet 

I mean Madrid is an Ok place but as the saying goes When a man is tired of London! He is tired of life

• Like 1

Â