Qatar 2022

MessiWillSignForVilla

International football is dying as it is, this will make it even worse. They need to break away from FIFA and start their own one without all this bullshit.

On boxing day I want to come down to left over Xmas food and then head down to Villa Park to watch the game, usually v Spurs or another London team, always seem to be them on boxing day for us. A big pull of Xmas for me is everyone having time off and tons of football smashed into two weeks. I couldn't think of anything worse on new years day to get up and watch Australia v Qatar.

This is going to be interesting. Its is effectively the big national european leagues v UEFA and FIFA. The last 20 years or so has been the story of the increase in power and money of the clubs, and this could be a turning point in which they will either lose and back down, or the associations fail to control them. The FA is doing bugger all as usual.

If the world cup goes ahead in Qatar in winter, I and many other people I know will simply stop following football. But a winter world cup will **** up all the domestic leagues in Europe, and crucially the Champions League too. I can see UEFA and the main domestic leagues across Europe standing up to FIFA. As Malcolm X said the chickens are coming home to roost.

Edited by Voinjama

If the world cup goes ahead in Qatar in winter, I and many other people I know will simply stop following football.

So long, we'll be sure to miss you.

Nothing like a nice overreaction to something that doesn't actually matter. 

• Like 3

It's ok boys Qatar have the solution

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/qatar-to-create-new-ice-age-for-2022-world-cup-2013081578662

Qatar to create new ice age for 2022 World Cup
15-08-13

QATAR plans to trigger an ice age to cool the Earth sufficiently for it to host the World Cup.

The scheme, which will reduce the Earth’s temperature by 32 degrees and leave 70 per cent of it uninhabitable, has been approved by FIFA who said it was preferable to the administrative headache of changing the location.

The plan will wrench the Earth from its axis, causing the seas to freeze over and turning most of Europe into a wasteland inhabited by fur-clad barbarians fighting packs of feral bull-seals, though the Scots are not expected to notice.

A spokesman for the Qatari Football Federation said: “The pathetic remnants of humanity which cling to life will be more dependent on oil than ever.

“Also the survivors of our heavily branded Qatarstrophe – and do not even think about using that name without clearance from the rights owners – will come to our stadiums for food, shelter and the cheering spectacle of homosexuals fighting cave bears at the opening ceremony.”

Competing nations fear that the freezing, potentially lethal conditions will make an attractive passing game impossible.

Former Stoke manager Tony Pulis, whose tough-tackling long-ball game would suit the unforgiving Arctic tundra perfectly, is tipped to take over as England manager.

Following approval of the plan, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said: “My work here is complete.”

Pausing only to tear the flesh mask from his inhuman crystalline features, he then climbed into a waiting spaceship and departed for the Crab Nebula.

• Like 1

It's ok boys Qatar have the solution

http://www.thedailymash.co.uk/sport/sport-headlines/qatar-to-create-new-ice-age-for-2022-world-cup-2013081578662

Qatar to create new ice age for 2022 World Cup
15-08-13

QATAR plans to trigger an ice age to cool the Earth sufficiently for it to host the World Cup.

The scheme, which will reduce the Earth’s temperature by 32 degrees and leave 70 per cent of it uninhabitable, has been approved by FIFA who said it was preferable to the administrative headache of changing the location.

The plan will wrench the Earth from its axis, causing the seas to freeze over and turning most of Europe into a wasteland inhabited by fur-clad barbarians fighting packs of feral bull-seals, though the Scots are not expected to notice.

A spokesman for the Qatari Football Federation said: “The pathetic remnants of humanity which cling to life will be more dependent on oil than ever.

“Also the survivors of our heavily branded Qatarstrophe – and do not even think about using that name without clearance from the rights owners – will come to our stadiums for food, shelter and the cheering spectacle of homosexuals fighting cave bears at the opening ceremony.”

Competing nations fear that the freezing, potentially lethal conditions will make an attractive passing game impossible.

Former Stoke manager Tony Pulis, whose tough-tackling long-ball game would suit the unforgiving Arctic tundra perfectly, is tipped to take over as England manager.

Following approval of the plan, FIFA president Sepp Blatter said: “My work here is complete.”

Pausing only to tear the flesh mask from his inhuman crystalline features, he then climbed into a waiting spaceship and departed for the Crab Nebula.

That would never happen, Tony Pulis is Welsh.

• 2 weeks later...

Just seen this on the Beeb...

1. FOOTBALL
  2. Uefa president Michel Platini tells English critics of his proposal to hold a winter World Cup in Qatar in 2022 that they should not stand in the way of the move.
  3. The Premier League strongly opposes any such move, claiming that it will disrupt three league seasons - the 2021-22 campaign and the seasons on either side.
  4. Platini says: "I will say something to the English. We respect your calendar for 150 years - for one month in 150 years you can change."
He really is a piece of s**t isn't he.

the Premier League who tried disrupt their own schedule to make money on a 39th game. Not much worse than UEFA themselves

No, one dickhead tried it and was laughed out.

well for me Platini has more interest in grassroots football than the Premier League. his FFP might be flawed but its brave attempt to level the field. increase in league winners in champions league is also a bonus

didnt Premier League also implement that law where we lost Crowley for peanuts to Arsenal

If they play it in the winter, I hope the clubs refuse to release the players. 

If they play it in the summer, as they should, then I welcome it - if they kick off at night, local time (say around midnight) to avoid the heat, what time will it be on TV here?

• Like 1

If they play it in the summer, as they should, then I welcome it - if they kick off at night, local time (say around midnight) to avoid the heat, what time will it be on TV here?

Think they are 2 hours ahead of us so if they kick of at 10pm its perfect :D

The FFP keeps the big clubs big and ties the hands of the smaller clubs from spending to catch them. It has precious little if anything to do with an interest in grass roots football and has everything to do with maintaining a very powerful and influential status quo.

As for that Football League/Premier League thing. Yes, in their wisdom they decided to grade the academies so that bigger clubs could acquire talent more easily. A truly disgusting and blatantly transparent **** you to the smaller clubs. Very similar to the FFP actually.

So now not only are the smaller sides not allowed to speculate in order to accumulate and catch the bigger sides. They're not even allowed to keep hold of the **** players they've managed to discover for themselves.

UEFA are every bit as culpable as the Premier League and are extremely self-serving. You think they don't engineer European competitions so that the bigger names will 90% of the time make it into the latter stages? Bloody sure they do.

Think how much money pubs would make before England games if they didn't kick off til 10pm!

Think how much money pubs would make before England games if they didn't kick off til 10pm!

That's that sorted then.

well for me Platini has more interest in grassroots football than the Premier League. his FFP might be flawed but its brave attempt to level the field.

It is nothing of the sort, it is in fact the exact opposite only some people have being sleep walking through these changes while any remaining element of open competition was removed from the game.

Under Platini more damage has been done to the game than I think by anyone that went before him, he has facilitated the creation of a two tier European Superleage with relegation and promotion between the two while at the same time lifting the step ladder that enabled others to join.

The European game is now more than any time shaped by and for the super elite clubs who are afforded levels of protection unimaginable in decades past and we as fans have stayed quiet and allowed it to happen while lapping up the TV games.

It staggers me how many actually believe the lies and think that FFP is the exact opposite of what it actually is.

Platini the very embodiment of the ills of the game, how ironic that someone who played the game with such beauty now runs it in Europe in such an ugly way.

Â