AndyClarke

Don't get too hung up on CA and PA. The match engine uses attributes, CA is a summed total of those attributes with weightings depending on factors such as position. PA is a cap on CA that is all.

Whilst we can use CA to measure players against one another it is fairly meaningless. Gabby has an artificially high CA because of his pace and acceleration.There are plenty of comparatively 'low' CA players who have performed in game because they have good attributes in key areas.

On Benteke and Lukaku, I won't be drawn on giving details of their CA or PA. Out of interest what do you think they should be at, how should Benteke compare to the rest of the league?

• Like 1

now or potential?

2/3 seasons in he should be better than cisse, adebayor, lambert, ba, torres, giroud, sturridge, hernandez, dzeko, remy, defoe, welbeck, berbatov, wolfswinkel, bony, soldado (the ones in bold im guessing he wont be better than)

not better than rooney, van persie, suarez, aguero,

I think lukaku should probably be slightly higher but im expecting him to be a lot higher, I think if you've been generous benteke will be at about 160 (but you wont have been and he'll be at about 150 :P) and lukaku will be at about 175 / 180 which is too high

Are those CA in the final paragraph? 175/180 would be up there with the best strikers around.

yep, and like I said, lukaku will be rated too high, he was 141 and -9 on last years, can see him being over 170 this year even if I don't think its right

benteke was 160 and you must have bumped him up a bit after last year?

cavani was 177

aguero was 186

falcao was 180

torres was 184 :lol:

• Like 1

Andy - Do you not think are finances could soon be on the up - next season for example, we should have the last of the big earners off the wage bill, it will be the second year of the increased TV money, and probably a hefty sum through the sale of Benteke?!

Sadly no, the club owes vast sums of money to Lerner who hasn't got the wealth to write it off. He has no choice but to hold onto the club unless he wants to make a huge loss by selling. Therefore I expect the current model to be in place for a while yet, the removal of the big earners will help in getting the club into profit but it is a long road.

The financial situation makes Villa an attractive proposition for lots of people I imagine. No doubt there will also be lots of complaints that the budgets aren't high enough.

I'm sure you're right and know more than me, but if the finances will be so restrictive long term, why on earth did Lambert take the job?

I don't know what the future holds but looking at the figures and listening to those that know (like HairyHands) it seems we are going to stick to this plan.

As for Lambert, I imagine that the chance to manage a proper big club that he can model in his own image was perfect for him. He doesn't seem to be the type to want to make huge signings and would rather find the players he wants for the price he wants.

I always do non-league because I love the financial restrictions, so Villa will be an exciting challenge for me.

I actually started a southern conference game last week on FM13, to tide me over. Typically I'm really enjoying the game, the most fun I have had on fm13!

• Like 1

Â