AndyClarke

Being a massive cheapass, "Unused Substitute Fee" is going to scupper sooooooooo many deals for me. I do love the loan back option, though, as I pretty routinely buy young players and either set the transfer date to end of their current club's season or immediately start spamming them out for loan. I'd love it if I could sign a 17yo who is starting regularly at Ajax and let him continue there for a year or three longer.

On that note, I would like to see a squad status requirement be part of the loan process when offering players around, to essentially rule out clubs just looking for cheap backup.

2008 was the last time i played this, ive refused to buy it till i sorted my pc out as i didnt want a problem pc ruining the gaming experience

i may either wait till 2014 or snap up 2013 cheap now to get me motivated again... so if anyone has one dead cheap they want to sell let me know :-)

I will probably end up getting it and doing the same with this one that I have with every other one for the last 10 years, playing the arse off it for 2 weeks solid and actually living the game and then just stopping playing it completely over night

I thought the simple mode on the last one was going to be a good idea but I couldn't get on with it and felt as though I was missing out by not using all of the functions.

The best one was champ man 97/98 when Ibrahima Bakayoko was an absolute legend on it then he went to Everton in real life and was a complete bag of monkey spunk

Edited by leemond2008
  • Like 1

2008 was the last time i played this, ive refused to buy it till i sorted my pc out as i didnt want a problem pc ruining the gaming experience

i may either wait till 2014 or snap up 2013 cheap now to get me motivated again... so if anyone has one dead cheap they want to sell let me know :-)

I actually pre-ordered the game from Green Man Gaming as it was on offer for £20, but never played it.  I've rarely used Steam (only for FM12, in fact) but I still have the unused 'activation code' in an email; I don't know if I'd be able to pass this on to someone else and them download the game and use it?  If so, I don't think I'm going to play it now, so I'd be happy to sell it on for a small fee!

Change of plans, I AM getting FM14!

"The best thing about all of this is that not only will you now get to play Football Manager Classic on a PS Vita but, for the first time ever, if you have the game on PC, Mac or Linux, you’ll be able to play the game across all platforms. Play the game at home on your computer, upload the saved game to the cloud, download on your PS Vita, and continue to play on the bus. Anytime, any place, anywhere."

• Like 1

Andy should probably throw this into the other thread but Gabby basically came out about 6 months into my game and said he wanted to leave to further his career so I was wondering would he need a hike in loyalty maybe?

I guess that means aswell it's the full classic version, same as on PC? No cuts or anything? Will be interesting to see how that works.

I am thinking so, very excited by this. Will make journeys more fun.

"SI's biggest claim to fame is that it was us who first found out aboutLionel Messi," Jacobson says. "He was playing for Barcelona B at the time and Alex McLeish tells a story of when, during his time as Rangers manager, his son came up to him and said he should sign this amazing young forward called Messi who he'd come across on Football Manager. McLeish said he'd never heard of him and forgot about the whole thing. The rest is history."

Turned down Messi and Bale then  :P

"SI's biggest claim to fame is that it was us who first found out aboutLionel Messi," Jacobson says. "He was playing for Barcelona B at the time and Alex McLeish tells a story of when, during his time as Rangers manager, his son came up to him and said he should sign this amazing young forward called Messi who he'd come across on Football Manager. McLeish said he'd never heard of him and forgot about the whole thing. The rest is history."

Turned down Messi and Bale then  :P

Who is Alex McLeish? My mind produces a blank if I try to think.

What does this bit mean, (taking from "Whats New in Football Manager 2014")....

Play on Linux for the first time, plus the inclusion of ‘cloud-save’ technology which means that managers can now pursue a single career from any computer, anywhere in the world

Could I therefore play the game on my Nexus? I have no idea what Linux means.

Â