Premier League Managers - Where do you rate them?

Mark8691

Yes some managers have a ceiling at clubs and in certain circumstances. Bruce was doing actually fine at Sunderland until he lost Bent, Gyan and Wellbeck all within 6 months and his solution was to spend 8m on Wickham but at Wigan he found some excellent players on limited money like Palacios and Figueroa who Wigan made a lot of profit on.

It's interesting how he'll do next year given expectations have increased this year. Am I right in saying Hull have now qualified for Europe? That will knacker them so I might put a bet on them to go down next year and Bruce not to last the season, mirroring Laudrup.

Just goes to show what high hopes we had for Lambert back in 2013. I'd now have him near the bottom of that list after his shambolic performance as Villa manager, he's right up there with McLeish and McNeill as one of the worst we've had.

He joins a long list of lower league managers who got found out at this level. He won't be the last!

Yes some managers have a ceiling at clubs and in certain circumstances. Bruce was doing actually fine at Sunderland until he lost Bent, Gyan and Wellbeck all within 6 months and his solution was to spend 8m on Wickham but at Wigan he found some excellent players on limited money like Palacios and Figueroa who Wigan made a lot of profit on.

It's interesting how he'll do next year given expectations have increased this year. Am I right in saying Hull have now qualified for Europe? That will knacker them so I might put a bet on them to go down next year and Bruce not to last the season, mirroring Laudrup.

Depends on if Arsenal qualify for the CL.

Arsenal win FA Cup, qualify for CL, then the EL is:

5th place (group stage)

6th place (playoff round)

Hull (3rd qualifying round)

Arsenal win FA Cup, do not qualify for CL (assume 5th for argument):

Arsenal (group stage)

6th (playoff)

7th (3rd qual)

Hull win FA Cup, Arsenal in CL

Hull (group stage)

5th (playoff)

6th (3rd qual)

Hull win FA Cup, Arsenal miss CL (assume 5th)

Hull (group stage)

Arsenal (playoff)

6th (3rd qual)

(This assumes Man City finish in the top 6, which is not yet mathematically certain)

• Like 2

I struggling to think of managers worse than Lambert in the league now. Pardew maybe?

Pardew probably, pepe mel possibly, big Sam possibly, poyet hasn't done anything lambert hasn't, Solskjaer, Sherwood possibly, gary monk.

I struggling to think of managers worse than Lambert in the league now. Pardew maybe?

Pardew probably, pepe mel possibly, big Sam possibly, poyet hasn't done anything lambert hasn't, Solskjaer, Sherwood possibly, gary monk.

Steve Bruce possibly, mark hughes possibly, Pochettino possibly, Neil Adams possibly, ;):P

To early to say with Mel, OGS, Monk etc. they've not even had a full season.

Fair enough with ogs and monk, I guess I was thinking "who would I take lambert over."

Mel managed in Spain though, so you can look at that.

• Like 1

Â