Athletics

mikeyp102

Mo Farah, what an absolute legend (the word is battered around too many times but he is truelly fitting of it). Knew what he was doing and when he hit the front there was no stopping him.

Comes across really well, very humble and appreciates his support.

• Like 1

Mo is an all time great now. It'll be interesting to see which way he diversifies his portfolio.

Edit - Gemili deserves a mention too. Sub 20 and stunning speed endurance for someone so green.

Edited by ArteSuave

• 8 years later...

Armand Duplantis failed at yet another attempt to beat his own WR in Birmingham last night. 6.19 seem to be cursed.

Funny side story the DJ at the event refused to play the track Duplantis wanted to hear for his attempts at the WR because "the lyrics were in Swedish and the English speaking crowd would not understand them". What a idiot :D 

• Haha 1

Recently at the Irish Indoor meet at the national arena ....I went to see the running ...my kid was transfixed with the pole vault ....she couldn't believe people enjoy doing it .....yet enjoyed watching it ......they only got to 4m.90.  But still great shizzle 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

The NIKE World Championship starts tonight in Oregon. Conveniently enough a lot of foreign athletes has not been given visas to enter the US making the US ones even bigger favorites.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Empty seats my lord. Thought one of the prime places for athletics in the US would draw better crowds.

US is weird. Whilst they produce great athletes (due to massive population and College system) Athletics itself as an spectator sport is very unpopular. 

Just now, sidcow said:

US is weird. Whilst they produce great athletes (due to massive population and College system) Athletics itself as an spectator sport is very unpopular. 

And a very liberate and corporate sponsored view on doping.

10 hours ago, sne said:

24763f16-232d-4e46-8126-294414624db0?fit=crop&format=auto&h=374&q=50&w=1000&s=3d80e4c326dcddb976375205aca2f65d4e2d3dc5

I watched that qualifying run. Norah Jeruto set a pretty blistering time beating the others in her heat by half a lap, sprinting the last 100, cheering like mad, kissing the ground, hugging everyone after the race. Either she is retarded and didn't realize that was a qualifier and not a final. Or she is retarded and took an awful lot out of her body for nothing ahead of the final.

Edited by Tegis
  • Haha 2

On 17/07/2022 at 09:12, sne said:

24763f16-232d-4e46-8126-294414624db0?fit=crop&format=auto&h=374&q=50&w=1000&s=3d80e4c326dcddb976375205aca2f65d4e2d3dc5

This was in the funny pics thread too, but I don't get it. Someone fell in the water, OK. What am I missing?

22 minutes ago, Anthony said:

This was in the funny pics thread too, but I don't get it. Someone fell in the water, OK. What am I missing?

What part of someone falling in water when they're not supposed to isn't funny?

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What part of someone falling in water when they're not supposed to isn't funny?

The part where my age went into double figures?

Not a fan of the athletes being handed their medals about 5 seconds after the event is over while they are still celebrating. A quick photo op and then off with you.

They should be allowed to enjoy the moment and celebrate and then have a proper medal ceremony. This is bs. And I know gold is expensive but having the medals be made of wood and weighing about 10g is a bit cheap, the ribbon looks like it's heavier than the medals :D 

Â