Athletics

mikeyp102

She missed 3 drug tests in a row and got banned didn't she

Not in a row but 3 tests over a period of time in out of competition testing. Basically she was double booked for a session and had to change venues at the last minute.

She did pass tests a few days before and a few days after.

I suspect there will always be an element of doubt about her won't there ?

Yes, I think so. I would say however, that there's an element of doubt about pretty much every athlete that does well.

I suspect there will always be an element of doubt about her won't there ?

Yes, I think so. I would say however, that there's an element of doubt about pretty much every athlete that does well.

that's true sadly

I just hope they never find Michael Johnson to be "dirty" as that would be the final nail for me   ..  I mean some of them it was always obvious  and the rumours were always there even if there weren't ever caught ( won't go into names just in case )  , but he was always regarded as Mr Clean and was the greatest runner of all time imo  ... though a certain Mr Bolt may have now taken that title to be fair

Edited by tonyh29

BBC

World Athletics 2013: Isinbayeva speaks out against homosexuality

World pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva has spoken out against homosexuality amid protests over new laws in her native Russia.
It is now illegal to give under-18s information about homosexuality in Russia - leading to calls for a boycott of the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics.
She criticised athletes who painted nails in support of gays and lesbians.

"We are very afraid about our nation because we consider ourselves normal, standard people," said Isinbayeva.

Â