Ryad Boudebouz

AshVillain

http://www.madeinfoot.com/infos/article-fcsm-aston-villa-aurait-propose-5m-d-euros-a-sochaux-pour-boudebouz-63648.html#.UgpQtbGRoBc.twitter

You can pretty much pick up what this says without translation. Story getting a lot of press in France but next to none in the UK. For those who can't be bothered it says we have offered 5mil euros.

EDIT: only says twitter because someone tweeted the link and I followed on my tablet. Never heard of that website before just thought I would share :)

Edited by AshVillain

http://www.madeinfoot.com/infos/article-fcsm-aston-villa-aurait-propose-5m-d-euros-a-sochaux-pour-boudebouz-63648.html#.UgpQtbGRoBc.twitter

You can pretty much pick up what this says without translation. Story getting a lot of press in France but next to none in the UK. For those who can't be bothered it says we have offered 5mil euros.

EDIT: only says twitter because someone tweeted the link and I followed on my tablet. Never heard of that website before just thought I would share :)

It says they are just quoting the Daily Mail. 

The Daily Mail don't know anything. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ryad Boudebouz has been left out of the Sochaux squad this weekend. Whether this is transfer related is unknown.

---

Bumpity bump. Also:

"The only offer I've received so far was from Qatar. I'm still under contract at Sochaux and I owe it to them to be 200 per cent committed. If an offer came in that I was happy with, then yes, I could leave. But I'm not thinking about that now. I’m just concentrating on my football."

)http://www.ligue1.com/ligue1/article/boudebouz-ready-to-dig-deep-for-sochaux.htm)

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

Could be good if we did end up signing him. After watching the Sochaux game the other week, he did look a bit wasted there. He didn't really get given too much to do, but looked to have a good pass on him. A bright spark in what looked quite a dull team.

Is he even that good?

Skillful, can take on a man, good passer of the ball, quick, has never missed a penalty. Last season he started 26 games and got 3 goals, 7 assists.

He'd add flair to our attack which is something I think we're lacking, Benteke probably has more flair and trickery in his game than anybody else in our team.

Whether or not he'd be "good" in the Premier League is always questionable with foreign imports but I feel he would bring the element we seem to be missing in the final third at the moment, which is the ability to take on a player and break through a defence, whether alone or via passing to a teammate. Not sure whether he'd end up like Zoggy or not though.

Our scouts watched him earlier this month and he has said he is open to a move, Sochaux will be wanting to get what they can for him as he will leave for free next Summer so it could be viable that we've held things up so that we can pay as little as possible.

Personally I would have preferred Wijnaldum or Kiyotake but let's wait and see ey. Sochaux definitely would have been asking for more than the £2.5m or so reported if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, he is their best player.

Edited by samjp26
  • Like 1

I can't shed on any light on why he's not in the squad but after playing the full 90 in both of the first 2 fixtures he was an unused sub last weekend against Montpellier.  Although he has been on the bench before stats suggest he usually comes on at some point during the game.  Makes me believe he could be on his way out of Sochaux, whether it is to Villa I have no idea. Guess we will find out soon enough.