Ryad Boudebouz

AshVillain

Imo we expected some of the bomb squad to be gone by now especially Bent and would of liked to of brought in a higher quality central attacking midfielder on probably 40k or 50k a week due to fact we have being enquiring for the likes of Belhanda and Kiyotake. Because things haven't worked out we are now going for one of our deals like we did earlier in the summer i.e give a talented player a 3 year deal on 20k and if he steps up we give him a better contract next year or if he doesn't do well then its not that big a loss to the club.

Imo we expected some of the bomb squad to be gone by now especially Bent and would of liked to of brought in a higher quality central attacking midfielder on probably 40k or 50k a week due to fact we have being enquiring for the likes of Belhanda and Kiyotake. Because things haven't worked out we are now going for one of our deals like we did earlier in the summer i.e give a talented player a 3 year deal on 20k and if he steps up we give him a better contract next year or if he doesn't do well then its not that big a loss to the club.

Sounds quite likely, which i'm quite happy with. We signed Westwood as a result of a failed bid for Stephens.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/421581/Ryad-Boudebouz-would-consider-snubbing-Inter-Milan-to-join-Aston-Villa

Reports in France suggest that Sochaux  winger Boudebouz is now just awaiting a concrete offer from Villa after becoming impatient with Inter.

It is thought Villa are poised to formalise their interest in the 23-year-old with a bid in the coming days after Paul Lambert's scouts were spotted at Sochaux's 1-1 draw with Evian on Saturday.Speaking to Le10Sport, Boudebouz said: "If there is an offer [from Aston Villa] on the president's desk, I will look at it carefully."Inter were hotly tipped with a £2.5m move for Boudebouz earlier in the summer, with one report even suggesting that a deal had been agreed subject to a medical.

But late last month Sochaux chief Laurent Pernet poured cold water on the rumours that a deal with Inter was close. 

Edited by Villan4Life

Competition for Albrighton.

not a replacement for Bannan ?

Replacement for both maybe.  How did Albrighton play last night for u21's.  I saw he was taken off, was he crap or was that to rest him for weekend?

Replacement for both maybe. How did Albrighton play last night for u21's. I saw he was taken off, was he crap or was that to rest him for weekend?

I can't imagine he'll make the bench at the weekend.

Replacement for both maybe. How did Albrighton play last night for u21's. I saw he was taken off, was he crap or was that to rest him for weekend?

I can't imagine he'll make the bench at the weekend.

No, I'd think the one we've already got would be suitable. Failing that it'd probably fall within the remit of the groundsman.

• Like 1

I lost faith in Albrighton about about a season or two ago, the only one i have faith in from 'the old class' is Gardner as i feel its only been injuries that have halted his progress whereas Albrighton Bannan etc have had ample chances and failed to crack on