Ryad Boudebouz

AshVillain

Reminds me of Taarabt, of which I'm not a fan :/

The first thing I thought too.

Are you sure you guys aren't jumping to conclusions based on the fact that they're of similar races? Because I can't see what else would help you to come to such conclusions. 

To be fair, they play in the same position, they're both tricky, they both started their careers in Ligue 1 and they both represented France underage before declaring for the country of their birth. And they're roughly the same build (although Taarabt looks a bit chunkier).

If Inter have been sniffing around, and if Lambert fancies him, that's good enough for me. He's 23 and for £3m I really don't see the risk. I think most of us have been crying out for a flair player for years so I'm surprised that some people seem to be doubting him based on a YouTube video where he does lots of tricks. A couple of those goals were outstanding.

Who was our last flair player? For my money Benteke is the closest we've had in an very long time.

Edited by Ooh-Ah

After watching a few videos of the bolk, looks slightly similar to Insomnia (skills) and a leaner version of Taarabt. Seems to have the same attitude of the latter though, something doesn't we need at Villa, already have enough egos already here. Not IMO the number ten type player we so desperately need.

Edited by Avflife

So the original link was from a foreign article, then the player has come out and said he'd be happy to leave, and Inter are apparantly interested...

Does he have the same agent as Belhanda?

If we do end up signing this guy I wouldn't be worried about his temperament. PL does his research and I'm fairly sure he has a " team profile" that has "No 'effin prima donnas" writ large in that. If he signs him it will because he is sure his head is right.

Attitude would concern me. Anyone who comes with a rep, no matter how trivial, concerns me.

Probably a talent, but I think I'd rather see Kiyotake in a Villa shirt than this lad. A showboater we don't need....a skilful, understated, team player we do.

i suspect this is a 3m compromise, when we're priced out of getting kiyotake....

just not sure another slight player in the midfield is what we need.... we seem to have so many midfield players all of whom are quite good, many of whom have potential, and non of whom are a nailed on starter in the middle of the park for me.... not sure adding another, no matter how cheap, is what we want to spend our cash on....

westwood

delph

sylla

tonev

bacuna

helenius

KEA

gardner

grealish

carruthers

johnson

and those who have not yet left us:

zoggy

ireland

bannan

itd be nice to see a back up RB, i love lowton and hope to god he doesnt get injurred but we dont have adequete cover for him as far as im concerened. so for me the back four needs pumping if anything.

and why lambo wants more midfielders ill never know, we already have too many to keep them all happy with regular pitch time....