home.png
Delph

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Agbonlahor

With, depending on how the game goes, any of Bacuna, Tonev or Helenius getting a run out as substitutes.

And we'll win 4-2

Think it will start as -

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Okore
home.png
Luna

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Sylla
home.png
Delph

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Benteke
home.png
Agbonlahor

With, depending on how the game goes, any of Bacuna, Tonev or Helenius getting a run out as substitutes.

And we'll win 4-2

I think that is the line up most people are predicting.

The only question for me would be whether Sylla gets the nod. He hasn't featured as much in preseason as I was expecting.

The only question for me would be whether Sylla gets the nod. He hasn't featured as much in preseason as I was expecting.

Yeah that's a good point. I think there is a possibility though, especially against Arsenal although it may be Bacuna in his place or Lambert may even go

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Okore
home.png
Luna

home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Tonev
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
Benteke

If not Tonev, for that formation anyway. Would be very attacking but fair play if he went for it. Go and try and get a few early goals, Arsenal may not expect that, then there's always the option to be more defensively later on.

Edited by 8pints

4-3-3 personally for me, if we dare play two in the midfield like against Malaga we will get slaughtered.

Guzan

Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Luna

Westwood, Delph, Sylla

Weimann, Benteke, Gabby

Though can see PL deciding to throw KEA instead of Sylla (doesn't seem to be in favour atm) for us to see how shit KEA is again against top quality opposition AGAIN, not some lower league opposition next weekend. 

I'm wary of our crappy defense against Arsenal. We should try to get the ball out of defense as fast as possible, be that hoof up to Benteke or wide balls for Andi and Gabby. Hopefully Okore can shore up the defense a bit, we have no chance if we're going to let Arsenal play infront of us.

I think Bacuna should be the man to start in the middle with Delph and Westwood. He impressed in preseason and gets about and would be ideal in the opener. Its hard to second guess what Lamberts thinking is but it would be disappointing to see KEA in there instead of Bacuna or Sylla. We need some steel against Arsenal not the human Rizla paper El Ahmadi.

Think we'll lose 2-0, be amazing to take something though

I think we're all in agreement about who should start, and even the formation we should go with, though that doesn't necessarily mean Lambert will see things in the same way.

There are a couple of decisions to be made:

Baker or Okore - I have a feeling he'll go with Baker for the trip to the Emirates. Okore is short of match fitness and this would be a harsh introduction for him.

KEA, Tonev or Sylla - We all want to see Sylla start, but I think that this is far from being a certainty. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see KEA lining up next weekend.

The rest of the team basically picks itself.

We came quite close to getting something at the Emirates last season. With Benteke in fine form and some confidence taken from the first half of the Malaga game (shows what we're capable of), it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could nick a point or three from this.

I think we're all in agreement about who should start, and even the formation we should go with, though that doesn't necessarily mean Lambert will see things in the same way.

There are a couple of decisions to be made:

Baker or Okore - I have a feeling he'll go with Baker for the trip to the Emirates. Okore is short of match fitness and this would be a harsh introduction for him.

KEA, Tonev or Sylla - We all want to see Sylla start, but I think that this is far from being a certainty. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see KEA lining up next weekend.

The rest of the team basically picks itself.

I will be really pissed off if KEA starts. We never know he may well be better in his second season although personally I dont think he is up to the premier league at all. KEA was far worse than Bannan last season and that says it all really.

With 3 games in 7 days I don't see okore starting the arsenal or Chelsea games, don't think many new signings will go into the first 11

guzan

Lowton vlaar baker Luna

weiman sylla westy delph gabby

Benteke

I don't think any of the summer signings will (or should) start except Luna.

keeper.png
Guzan

home.png
Lowton
home.png
Vlaar
home.png
Baker
home.png
Luna

home.png
Sylla
home.png
Westwood
home.png
Delph

home.png
Weimann
home.png
Agbonlahor

home.png
Benteke

think we will get a draw. Arsenal are usually slow starters 

Yeah, like that time they pillaged Everton to the tune of 6 goals in their own back yard.

everton are also slow starters plus Lescott was shambolic that day :)

I really think we're gonna give Arsenal an awful fright at the very least. I keep thinking we're gonna do them. I don't think it's entirely pro-Villa bias either.

• Like 1