New Kit 2014-2015

lmarsha_926

I really like that electric blue in your second design. Not sure on the design but think it'd be cool with possibly a black sash running down the shirt...

Agree on the colour, have liked it since we had our Nike away kit in it.

Also loved the white 'USA' colourway we had.

Third one is an Umbro template rip off. I agree in giving them the problem of the Macron men peeling too.

Nice that they asked you to come up with stuff. The pictures Lazio effort would be perfect for the home top. Away? See the Europeon Cup Final shirt for inspiration!

Rather than send a million kit templates, why don't we all discuss key features and elements that we would all like. More likely they will listen to us that way and it would show a majority voted opinion.

Maybe keep things categorised also, such as:

Faults:

- Macron men peeling.

Ideas:

- Keep socks predominantly one solid colour.

- Claret or blue shorts.

We could also vote on preferred kit 'templates', in regards to collar design and such. For example many of us like the Lazio kit template, many of us don't like the AZ Alkmaar template (with the half collar).

He wants some designs but I am doing that aswell as one document and then another with designs

Home kit should be as simple as possible - I like the away kit to be predominantly white.

We could do with two shapes - fat bloke and skinny runt.

I like the striped collar and the stripes around the ends of the sleeves.

I think the main thing that makes bad shirts is clutter.

Firstly Luke congratulations on your recognition, know you've done some great designs on here in the past few yrs.

I may be in the minority, but one of my most favoured tops (maybe because when I was young and impressionable the most) was the lace up mitre tops we had. Would love to see something like that brought back (no doubt h+s would put stop I that).

I've also never seen a problem with white shorts.

I liked the black top you did, the light blue was similar to the Nike acorns one from a couple of yrs ago, think they would something new as new manufacturers.

Edited by mikeyp102

Nice work Luke!

I don't mind the three you posted at the start of the thread. I do like the black one the most though.

Also liked the completely white one you did earlier for this season, with the black collar I believe? That was class. Also had the simplified black and white logo.

aston-villa-home.jpg

aston-villa-2.jpg

aston-villa-3.jpg

I know these are from a few years ago but I really like them especially the collars and sleeve details on the first 2.

Were these your designs Luke?

Please send these to them. These three kits are absolutely beautiful. Love the yellow one!

• Like 4

aston-villa-home.jpg

aston-villa-2.jpg

aston-villa-3.jpg

I know these are from a few years ago but I really like them especially the collars and sleeve details on the first 2.

Please send these to them. These three kits are absolutely beautiful. Love the yellow one!

Was actually gonna ask did anyone still have these pictures from a few years back.Feckin lovely and were very popular as I remember.

• Like 3

I reeeeally liked the black one you posted, think it would look great. That blue would have worked as well, but not a fan of the black on the sides. Napoli version is also very nice, but a sponsor could quickly ruin that one.

As Gillz, Tayls, Troglodyte and many others have said before, we like simple, classy looking kits!

It might seem 'safe' to some people, but to us, Claret & Blue with a bit of white is perfect & classy. Can you make a few or suggest that we might like something fairly simple?

This year's kit would have been pretty great if they hadn't overcomplicated the collar.

Edit: and away kit, I wouldn't mind a lack away kit. The FxPro black away kit was dreadful, so a nice black Macron kit could be good.

Edited by Rob182
  • Like 2

What is more important than design, is cut.

Provided it has a claret body, blue sleeves and clean and simple trimmings, it will look great on a template.

It's vital that that template is converted to a shirt that is cut well, which is the difference between the 2012/13 Villa and 2012/13 Lazio shirts.

The below would be absolutely wonderful for that exact reason. I haven't seen a 2013/14 home but i'm told the cut is much better than last year.

Q1MmEnJ.png

• Like 1

aston-villa-home.jpg

aston-villa-2.jpg

aston-villa-3.jpg

Perfect.

Simple, understated and a not-so-subtle hint of days gone by. All three shout ASTON VILLA to me.

• Like 4