Hull Tigers

HalfTimePost

What's so impressive is that he is taken players who are laughed/despaired about at their current clubs and turning them into actual competent players who have a point to prove.

E.g.

Niasse (Who many suspected actually isn't a footballer.)

Ranocchia (Loathed by Inter Milan fans)

Markovic (Again Sporting were happy to see the back of him)

N'Diaye (Flopped before at Sunderland)

• Like 2

Ranocchia and Markovic I personally rate, they're really good signings for Hull. Didn't know much about the others. 

Manager has done a fantastic job though. Results are obviously the main thing, but the performances have been really good.

• Like 1

Really impressed with Hull under Marco Silva.

Played a great game again today against Arsenal, screwed by Clattenburg who missed a handball on Sanchez first goal and didn't give Gibbs a red.

Almost punished Arsenal on the break loads of times. Great transition game . Every player knew what to do when they got the ball.

Silva has done a remarkable transformation at Hull during the short time he's been there considering the circumstances.

• 2 months later...

Marco Silva then.. important point today away from home at Southampton. Home game next against Sunderland. What a job he has done there, manager of the season no doubt. For me even if Hull go down he can easily get another top flight managerial position. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Marco Silva then.. important point today away from home at Southampton. Home game next against Sunderland. What a job he has done there, manager of the season no doubt. For me even if Hull go down he can easily get another top flight managerial position. 

He isn't even English though, so clearly he shouldn't.

Fair play to Silva, he showed the Sky panel up for the muppets they are. I doubt Gary Rowett would have got the same response

If Hull go down he will get employed easily maybe at West Ham

• 1 month later...

Looking to appoint ex CSKA Moscow and Russia manager Leonid Slutsky as Silva replacement.

Has load of routine from Europe and Russian league, and a very good record.

Would be a very solid appointment for them, not sure how he fits in England thou. The discipline in Russia and England are a bit apart. Or on second thought maybe they are not?

Slutsky appointed new manager

Championship club Hull City have appointed former Russia boss Leonid Slutsky as their new head coach.

Previous Tigers boss Marco Silva left to take over at Watford after Hull were relegated from the Premier League in May.

Slutsky won three Russian titles with CSKA Moscow and managed the national side at Euro 2016.

He recently told BBC World Service he had been learning English for the past five months.

Slutsky, who is friends with Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich, will arrive in East Yorkshire next week and is Hull City's fourth boss in less than a year.

He could be a good appointment for them, depends on the backing he gets i guess.

Edited by NeilS

2 minutes ago, VillaAlex said:

Will be a few Chelsea players on loan there next season then? 

Yeah I was just thinking that as well.

Slutsky is decent at CSKA but Russia played some awful football at Euro 2016 and also 

Slutsky had to retire due to a knee injury sustained after falling out of a tree while rescuing a neighbour's cat

Â