Hull Tigers

HalfTimePost

Feel for the new boss. Already had injury troubles, then a few more against United. Currently 10 players out of which a decent chunk are first teamers. Clubs after Snodgrass and Livermore and they don't look like spending themselves. 

1 hour ago, kurtsimonw said:

Feel for the new boss. Already had injury troubles, then a few more against United. Currently 10 players out of which a decent chunk are first teamers. Clubs after Snodgrass and Livermore and they don't look like spending themselves. 

I think they had 2 midfielders in their back 4 last night

23 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

...and when he doesn't perform miracles the usual pundits will be lying in wait to crucify the poor guy.

21 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

...and when he doesn't perform miracles the usual pundits will be lying in wait to crucify the poor guy.

The sad thing is, Hull are the very last club to make the 'foreign manager' point about. Although they've had a bunch of Scottish/N.Irish managers, in their 113 year history only 19 games have been taken charge by a 'foreigner'. 17 by Jan Mobly, 2 by Marco Silva. Quite an amazing stat with how football is these days.

yeah their last 5 or 6 managers only Bruce was a proven manager, they give a lot of chances to unproven managers like Phelan, Brown and Barmby

Jan Molby does he even count as foreign with that accent ;)

• 3 weeks later...

and me, ive gone from completely not caring to actually wanting that bloke to do well just as 2 fingers up to soccer saturday

the only game ive seen of theirs was vs utd in the cup, looked good, for a "poor" team they passed and moved and looked composed on the ball even when they were going out of the cup, assuming with those results he's doing something right

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

What happened on Soccer Saturday? :o

I think they criticised the choice of Hull manager as no one had heard of him and then said a (random) English manager would be a better choice 

• Like 1

Silva's been brilliant.

Hull have scored a decent amount this season but lacked any sort of organisation under Mike Phelan, Silva has given that now and I like some of their signings like Ranocchia.

Looking at their home games left they have a legitimate chance of staying up which is incredible given how they're being run.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bobzy said:

What happened on Soccer Saturday? :o

from a poor memory... merson went off on one saying who is he, what does he know of the premier league, he wont understand it cos he's foreign, he then went on to say he won the league with olympiacos but that means nothing cos anyone can do it and its a nothing league, think he suggested the likes of sherwood would do a better job, i think merson uttered the word "i could win the greek league" to which someone here pointed out he couldnt finish mid table with walsall...

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Â