Hull Tigers

HalfTimePost

"Aston Villa of Birmingham" sounds bloody ridiculous. It would make us a laughing stock.

Yeah I wouldn't make it our official name but wouldn't mind if that's how we were known overseas.

Inter Milan are still officially Internazionale.

Sporting Lisbon are still officially Sporting Clube de Portugal.

Edited by TRS-T

"Aston Villa of Birmingham" sounds bloody ridiculous. It would make us a laughing stock.

Yeah I wouldn't make it our official name but wouldn't mind if that's how we were known overseas.

Why? 

Why? 

Just so that people abroad know that we're from Birmingham and not London as Benteke thought.

I'm not proposing anything. I guess it is something that would have to happen naturally. Would probably only happen if we were a top team who got more media attention.

Why? 

Just so that people abroad know that we're from Birmingham and not London as Benteke thought.

Why would that matter? Being attached to a second rate city is hardly going to raise our international profile is it? 

Birmingham a second rate city? Please explain.

You're not claiming that Birmingham is a first rate city, are you? What's a first rate city? I don't know, but I wouldn't be classing Birmingham in the same bracket as Paris or New York. Bullring aside....

Birmingham a second rate city? Please explain.

Compared to other cities i've been to in the last few years then Birmingham is second rate... New York, Hong Kong, Paris, Bangkok, Rome and Berlin to name a few.

Having Birmingham attached to Villa's name is not a selling point. 

Why? 

Why would that matter? Being attached to a second rate city is hardly going to raise our international profile is it? 

Aint worked out too badly for Manchester.

Â