Pissy Pants Housemate

YLN

I don't think people who wet the bed can help it.

It's not like they say "Well I'm a fully grown man, I'd better stop wetting the bed"

I would imagine it's very much something that they'd love to be able to stop but can't. Ridiculing people for it because they're grown men seems a bit harsh.

I'm certain that's the case, but I'm equally sure that there are things people can do to stop themselves ruining other people's furniture if they are so afflicted.

absolutely

I know multiple people* who get so pissed that they have wet the bed before. Personally, I'd be straight up about it. If I had pissed on someone's mattress, then I could at least be man enough to pay for a new one.

*myself included

One of my mates pisses himself when drunk from time to time. I lived with him for years. Never told him I knew though. He's my mate after all.

One time he passed out on the couch a day started pissing himself. I was in the room and had to laugh. I got a mop and bucket to mop up the floor. Next day when he woke up he knew what he'd done and got the mop and cleaning stuff out. We had leather couches and hardwood floors so no harm done.

But this is my mate. No just a housemate so it's different. But still, unintentional stuff I have a hard time ever being angry about.

I'd give him a free pass.

I've pissed the bed a couple of times when drunk, most notably in my wifes' mom and dads house...

They got to know about it when my best man dobbed me in, in his best man speech :lol: do anything for cheap laughs won't ya?!

**** you Rob182, Fuuuuuuck you. :lol: 

I also actively got up at a house party when i passed out and went and pissed on one of those little sofas you have in a hall way for when you're on the phone, in front of how many people I don't know, because I was walking around pissing unconsciously :lol:

But I was 16 then, so I reckon that's allowed :)

Nothing like a good slash on someone else's expensive pocket sprung mattress! 

To be honest, i've done it a couple of times as an adult after one too many ciders. 

A critical mass of people more honest and brave than me has been reached. I will now come clean and admit that I too have been known to moisten a bed or sofa during motherlessly shitfaced comatose drunken sleep, which is the kind of sleep one gets when one has somehow become motherlessly shitfaced comatose drunk.

Done it twice to my recollection. Both after evenings of excess. Thankfully on both occasions i was staying at the houses of friends who in both instances were very appreciative of the fact that I'd folded the sofa bed neatly away immediately after getting up in the morning.

• Like 1

Best thing to do would be to make a joke out of it.

Next time he is sitting at his desk in his room casually walk in and start pissing on his bed. When he asks what you think you are doing just respond that he started it.

Cue much laughter and a friend for life!

• Like 1

Ah the memories. The last time I fell victim to this, I was going out on the piss for the first time at 18 (I'd never drank under age, somehow), and I genuinely thought when I was warned not to 'mix my drinks' that they meant in the same glass.

After cycling through beer, wine, vodka and whiskey, I blacked out, threw up a lot, pissed the bed, and couldn't leave my room for 4 days.

Good times.

Â