Match thread

Phumfeinz

So our last game of pre-season, I think the line-up we go with will be Lambert's preferred choice for the start of the season. Personally I hope to see:

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar  Okore   Luna

Westwood Delph

Agbonlahor   Helenius  Weimann

Benteke

Subs: Steer; Baker, Bacuna, Bennett, Sylla, Gardner, Tonev

In my opinion that's our strongest attacking side right now. Swap Sylla for Helenius if we need to be more defensive.

• Like 2

Really looking forward to seeing many of our new signings making their home debuts. Hopefully all will feature at some stage.

Great also to see football back at Villa Park the home of football.

Should be a really enjoyable game & a really good final work out before our trip to the Emirates.

Agree with that side being our strongest at present, including the Helenius/Sylla switch if tactics need changing. Lambert did say that Malaga wouldn't necessarily see our starting side though at the fans forum tonight. I would imagine there will still be bulk substitutions to get everyone a decent run out. Hopefully see some youth featuring again! Would be a fantastic chance for them against strong opposition. This is the kind of preseason friendly where it really doesn't matter much about the scoreline beyond for the fans sake! 

Hopefully a Saturday afternoon at 3pm will be a nice occasion though. I wonder what ticket sales have been like? Anyone know? Definitely a good opportunity for the new boys to experience playing at Villa Park in some capacity before the Liverpool game.

Went to the Valencia game a few years ago which was a bit of a bore, although I remember Fabio Capello was there, just about the highlight! Inter Milan before that was quite good fun though. Saturday afternoon should be better than Friday night for attendance anyway I would hope!

Reckon we could fair quite well against Malaga! Anyone care for a prediction? Tempted by 2-1 Villa.

Edited by dnmacf

Ticket sales look generally poor to me , the upper trinity is closed and looks like they might not be selling tickets towards the back of any of the other stands if the online system is to go by , i would expect around 20k

Edited by mattyvilla

Ticket sales look generally poor to me , the upper trinity is closed and looks like they might not be selling tickets towards the back of any of the other stands if the online system is to go by , i would expect around 20k

Plenty of families will be on holiday, including mine, otherwise we'd have added a massive 3 to the gate! I'll try to catch the Malaga match on AVTV and the Arsenal match may be screened live in one of the bars. It will be tough going for me, sat in 32C sunshine and drinking ice cold beer, but my passion for Villa will see me through. ;)

Plenty of families will be on holiday, including mine, otherwise we'd have added a massive 3 to the gate! I'll try to catch the Malaga match on AVTV and the Arsenal match may be screened live in one of the bars. It will be tough going for me, sat in 32C sunshine and drinking ice cold beer, but my passion for Villa will see me through. ;)

don't see anything to be jealous of i'll be sat in the rain at 16c drinking warm lager out of a plastic cup at £4 a throw  :)

Edited by mattyvilla

I want to take the family but:

1. There's hardly any seats left in the areas open.

2. It's a bit expensive (£15 adults, £5 kids = £40 for my family)

• Like 1

You can get something like 10 seats all together in T1 North Stand. That's £10 for adults and £5 for the kids.

Back on topic. I think it will be a decent game. Hope to see our strongest team line up for a good 60 minutes.

Edited by Daniel

So our last game of pre-season, I think the line-up we go with will be Lambert's preferred choice for the start of the season. Personally I hope to see:

Guzan

Lowton   Vlaar  Okore   Luna

Westwood Delph

Agbonlahor   Helenius  Weimann

Benteke

Subs: Steer; Baker, Bacuna, Bennett, Sylla, Gardner, Tonev

In my opinion that's our strongest attacking side right now. Swap Sylla for Helenius if we need to be more defensive.

I concur.

Malaga will be a stern test, they finished top 6 last season :

1 FC Barcelona 38 32 4 2 115 40 75 100

2 Real Madrid 38 26 7 5 103 42 61 85

3 Atlético Madrid38 23 7 8 65 31 34 76

4 Real Sociedad38 18 12 8 70 49 21 66

5 Valencia CF 38 19 8 11 67 54 13 65

6 Málaga CF 38 16 9 13 53 50 3 57

I don't care who we put out against Malaga or the score TBH, it would be great just going back to a great stadium, fantastic support and fabulous pitch would cure a 0-2 score line. But i think we steal this game 3-1 to the Villa.

Just got my ticket. I was going to get it on the day but you have to pay the 2 quid either way so saved a trip to the ticket office. Still not happy about that, grump. The North Stand appears to be fairly busy for the match so maybe 22-26,000 crowd I reckon. Mind you that ticket avaliability thing on the website can be a load of bull sometimes. Still looking forward to it,  be good to see the new boys and for 12 quid I suppose its reasonable value for a friendly.

if they'd have kept and played isco then id have gone, not really anyone in their team who I want to see tbh

don't think its that bad from villa, top 6 la liga team, quarters of the CL last year, did have plenty of big names but they've flogged them all

£15 a ticket is too much for a friendly, not even a prestige game really. Poor show from villa really.

Don't you mean £17 ?

When I looked at the tickets it was a tenner in the north stand & family areas or £15 everywhere else, unless the extra £2 comes from the booking fee I didn't notice £17. Having sat in the north stand before and being 6"3 tall leg room is incredibly tight there so I know in not comfortable there.

last year I paid a tenner for the tranmere game, league cup yeah but still a competitive fixture and in a months time we will be selling tickets for the second round tie at the same price, which makes £15 for a friendly a joke.

Â