Employment & Ethics

Xann

Yeah I´ve made bad choices regarding workplaces and later walked.

5 years at an Investment Bank and 3 years helping Pfizer. Snakes and snake oil merchants.
Now I have cut expenses down to what I can make by myself each month. Starving the beast since 2010.

The way I see it is that most people work to earm money.There are not too many who go to work because they are bored so, without bieng silly, the more you earn the better off you are at working at the right place ?!

The way I see it is that most people work to earm money.There are not too many who go to work because they are bored so, without bieng silly, the more you earn the better off you are at working at the right place ?!

You should read this

Fascinating OP.  You are clearly a man of principle.

I've not had the conflict you describe, I suppose because I've either taken jobs I valued for reasons other than money, or else was quite clear they were only about money, so walking out was uncomplicated.  Other than getting bored, I suppose my main walking out was leaving a bar job because I felt they sacked a Pakistani colleague for racist reasons.  They gave me several arguments to stay: "He was fiddling, he was an alcoholic who used to drink from the bar and sleep it off afterwards (Pakistani alcos are pretty rare, I find), you don't fiddle the bar, all the customers like you" and the rest.  But that was a temp job when I was young, not a breadwinner role.

I suppose the best advice is also the oldest.  On your death bed, looking back, what would you wish you'd done?  Do that.

I suppose the best advice is also the oldest.  On your death bed, looking back, what would you wish you'd done?  Do that.

Don't look at life from the arse end. If you don't want to do it, don't.

You may regret the decision later but that's sodding hindsight and bollocks to that.

Life's about making choices (where possible) and having the occasion to regret those decisions later.

p.s. Good luck, Dave, with whichever decision Mrs Dave convinces you to make. ;)

Edited by snowychap
  • Like 2

Don't look at life from the arse end. If you don't want to do it, don't.

You may regret the decision later but that's sodding hindsight and bollocks to that.

Life's about making choices (where possible) and having the occasion to regret those decisions later.

p.s. Good luck, Dave, with whichever decision Mrs Dave convinces you to make. ;)

That, too, is good advice.

• Like 1

So it's not just in the jokes thread that P. E. Katt makes no sense? ;)

What I am trying to say,is.

If you are going to stay home all day every day, then enjoy yourself and do what you want to do all day.

If you are going to go to work to earn money ( as opposed to as a hobby) then earn as much as you can....otherwise, what is the point ?!

Never have regrets. Make a decision and go with it. If you think you made the wrong decision then make a new decision and try correct it.

I think dwelling on things is a bad thing, a bad human trait.

• Like 1

Â