• David Platt
    • Peter Withe
    • Brian Little
    • Olly Melberg
    • Dean Saunders
    • Alex Cropley
    • A.N.Other

A call for Savo?

He was a half decent player, but very frustrating.

Also, spitting at the Villa Fans at Ewood Park wasnt the most crowd endering thing a player has ever done..

Remember Gareth Williams who used to play for us in the late 80's ( left back). broke thru into the 1st team and had some good games - me and my mates used to call him Gripper Stepson(?), because we thought that he looked like the bully off Grange Hill.

Whatever happenned to him!!!

voted for A_N OTHER, kevin gage was one of my faves during the taylor years, him and shaun teale man of steal.
BB Kev Gage owns my local pub now - see him quite often

ahhh thats right, i remember about 10 months ago we had this one. i thought kevin gage was awesome, lots more skill than credited for. he was the mastermind behind the 6-2 win at villa park against everton ( ok so sid got 2 goals but kev started it with a move involving ormonroyd)( i think, it was so long ago)

get him a drink for me will you drat :D

went for Sir Sidney of Cowans

was either gonna be him or Tony Morley, but for some godforsaken reason Tone ain't even on the list.

and i couldn't be bothered voting for other.

so Sid it is.

in many ways, i think this poll says as much about the age of this website's readership as it does about Cult heroes.

Personally, i couldn't vote for someone i'd not seen play, which might explain the lack of votes for some of the older players on the list ......

Indeed, ive seen Sid play as ive been going to the villa since 89. But i don't think i really apreciated him enough as i was young. My favorate players then was David Platt and Tony Daley, both good players, but none IMO can be classed as Villa legends, i know this case to be true with Sid.

To be a true legend, you have to posses 1 of 3 things. A long time playing for Villa, a special repore with Villa fans or a moment that goes down in villa history. Some have 2 of these, most have one, i dont think David Platt or Dean Saunders has any(to be honest).

To be a cult hero however is a differnt thing all together. Its more to do with liking somone which isn't that good aka Savo, Angel when he first arrived and Carlton Cole :lol:

What about JPA for cult hero?

Not a top class player but most Villa fans support him no matter how well he plays. He has been utter shite for most of this season.

Have to agree though with Ian Taylor. A player who gave his all and more for the Villa cause!

Â