Graham Burke

mikeyp102

Jheezus, anyone else wanna pop while we're here ! ;)

Yeah, point taken, I did say maybe... but i suppose i was just thinking of Lambert's no nonsense thinking. E.g: look at delfouneso ? He hasn't got a run in under Lambert after a number of poor loan spells.

"We're here"... You with Jack atm? ;)

ahaa of course not ! He's playing today, and you think i'd let him look at all these posts you lot write about him ... No chance ! I like taking all the credit for him...  B)

• 1 month later...

Reading the article in full, together with fan comments, tells me more about Shrewsbury than it does about the player.....looks like they were hoping a young lad would give them a cheap goal scoring option, which rarely works at that level. He'll be better served by a Championship loan to a club that actually has some footballers rather than a band of journeyman cloggers.

has anybody onness here seen burke play? is he any good and can he make it here? being only 20 i guess its difficult to say, hows his confidence?

He is talented with the ball at his feet but I don't think he has the awareness to make it at Premier League level. He might make a career somewhere in the football league but I don't think he'll pull up any trees.

I remember Gabby going on loan to Sheff Wed and Watford, at the time both sets of fans said he was rubbish. I also remember Gillingham fans saying J-Lloyd Samuel was a superb player and was defintely England potential. These loan spells actually don't mean a jot, its whether they have the desire to push on.

OT but J-Lloyd was a great prospect for the first few years (one of our best players even) he was in our first team, so im not surprised those at Gillingham thought the same.

• 1 year later...

OT but J-Lloyd was a great prospect for the first few years (one of our best players even) he was in our first team, so im not surprised those at Gillingham thought the same.

Samuel was absolute quality for about half a season (2003-04), everything he did came off, he was great going forward, I remember his excellent goal against Charlton at VP - he ended up getting an England call up. His form dipped in the second half of that season and he was pretty shite thereafter. 

Samuel was absolute quality for about half a season (2003-04), everything he did came off, he was great going forward, I remember his excellent goal against Charlton at VP - he ended up getting an England call up. His form dipped in the second half of that season and he was pretty shite thereafter. 

Yeah, he was great in O'Leary's first season, then he got an England call up, and was appearing on 'Footballer's Cribs'

Then he turned to complete ****

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't like to simply 'BUMP!' a thread, so I'll do an alternative:

BONG!

.... He's been released. I remember a few years ago under Lambert he got a new deal and things were looking up for him. Oh well, good luck Graham, maybe a Championship or League One team will have you.

rumour is he will sign for Dundalk or Shamrock Rovers

also on Rovers, Michael Drennan is top scorer in the league which is reaching half-way point tonight so maybe he be back in England soon enough if he keeps up the form

Â