The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

Nice idea but I think the song needs re doing and slowing down.

I love it when we sing it but i agree it's too fast and rushed much like when we sing most of our songs, they're over too quickly. 'MON's claret & blue army' is the worst for it, it goes at break neck speed once more people start to join in and just sounds daft. We need to sing Holte Enders in the sky slowly and dragged out, same with Villa Villa Villaaa' like the old days

Here is my try at the PAOK chant...

Ohhh, We are Villa,

Aston Villa, Claret and Blue...

We have a PROUD HISTORY,

And we won the Euro Cup...

We have a BRIGHT FUTURE,

And the only way is UP...

It is definitely a match to the tune.

Nice idea but I think the song needs re doing and slowing down.

I love it when we sing it but i agree it's too fast and rushed much like when we sing most of our songs, they're over too quickly. 'MON's claret & blue army' is the worst for it, it goes at break neck speed once more people start to join in and just sounds daft. We need to sing Holte Enders in the sky slowly and dragged out, same with Villa Villa Villaaa' like the old days

Thats the whole idea of elevating the song to our Anthem, as soon as the fans get used to the tempo of a familiar version then it will, imo, naturally slow down.

Bye the way my fault, how do we move this to the chants sticky?

Ok, so, a little update on the Gabby/Culture Club song

Gabby Gabby Gabby Gabby Gabby Agbonlahor...

Ignores his phone, and he's not hoooome...

No?

Ok then... :winkold:

A mate came up with this last night in the pub...

To the tune of my old mans a dustman

John Carew's a viking, he wears a vikings hat.

He plays for Aston Villa, and we're all loving that.

He'll score out from the left, he'll score out from the right,

And when we play the Cityyyyyy...

He'll score all f**kin' night!

A mate came up with this last night in the pub...

To the tune of my old mans a dustman

John Carew's a viking, he wears a vikings hat.

He plays for Aston Villa, and we're all loving that.

He'll score out from the left, he'll score out from the right,

And when we play the Cityyyyyy...

He'll score all f**kin' night!

That is well bostin loik mate!!!!

Seriously, now do I like that!!!! :D

I still think this would be awesome adapted from VIVA COLONIA

In case you missed it before here's the Germans singing it:

CLICK HERE FOR SONG

Here's the words:- VIVA ASTON VILLA

Chanting at beginning: (OPTIONAL)

Let’s ALL sing!!...Giving the Boys a CHEER

Let’s ALL sing!!.. “Give US another BEER!!!â€

Let’s ALL sing!!... Villains & we’re PROUD

Let’s ALL sing!!... One & All ALOUD

CHORUS:

Here’s to a THRI-LLA, VIVA ASTON VI-LLA!

Lions ROAR! They’ll SCORE!

Then you’ll be out the DOOR

So come on boys in CLARET & BLUE

We’ll sing our song for YOU…

VERSE: (OPTIONAL)

In Rotterdam in 82 Champions we BECAME

With Martin O'Neill & Randy too again that is our AIM

Singing our song LOUD & CLEAR, cos Villa’s on the UP

So get us a goal, we’re here to score, to win….

For the league & the CUP

I still think this would be awesome adapted from VIVA COLONIA

In case you missed it before here's the Germans singing it:

CLICK HERE FOR SONG

Here's the words:- VIVA ASTON VILLA

Chanting at beginning: (OPTIONAL)

Let’s ALL sing!!...Giving the Boys a CHEER

Let’s ALL sing!!.. “Give US another BEER!!!â€

Let’s ALL sing!!... Villains & we’re PROUD

Let’s ALL sing!!... One & All ALOUD

CHORUS:

Here’s to a THRI-LLA, VIVA ASTON VI-LLA!

Lions ROAR! They’ll SCORE!

Then you’ll be out the DOOR

So come on boys in CLARET & BLUE

We’ll sing our song for YOU…

VERSE: (OPTIONAL)

In Rotterdam in 82 Champions we BECAME

With Martin O'Neill & Randy too again that is our AIM

Singing our song LOUD & CLEAR, cos Villa’s on the UP

So get us a goal, we’re here to score, to win….

For the league & the CUP

Just been listening to it and singing your words and it is pretty cool and quite imaginative compared to most of our songs. I wouldn't ming singing something luke that when the players come out. Dont think any other British club sings that.

We must try and get this going

Well I have tried! Even went round the upper Holte handing out the words!

I need some help and for someone to get involved from the Club. Phil Mepham was interested last year and thought it was a good idea. The German Band De Hoener have even given their OK to use it. FC Cologne sing it and if you look on You Tube

under VIVA COLONIA there is some footage

I've PM the general and posted on his thread asking if he will listen and get back to me

HELP NEEDED WITH THIS!

Well I have tried! Even went round the upper Holte handing out the words!

I need some help and for someone to get involved from the Club. Phil Mepham was interested last year and thought it was a good idea. The German Band De Hoener have even given their OK to use it. FC Cologne sing it and if you look on You Tube

under VIVA COLONIA there is some footage

I've PM the general and posted on his thread asking if he will listen and get back to me

HELP NEEDED WITH THIS!

Away matches and friendlies are best I think to get them started

Not sure if anyones noticed yet but the scousers have got hold of the PAOK tune and there words are pretty decent http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJs2MVDF-QA&NR=1
The Scouse have movement at Anfield called 'Reclaim the Kop' where they are trying to inject European style support into English Football to generate some atmosphere hence all those banners and new songs. Think Newcastle have started something similar called 'Bring Back The Noise'

Would love something like this to happen but people are just to happy with our crap songs and just sitting watching matches in silence

I know you've worked hard for this and sorry for being negative but I think it's crap?

It sounds like a foriegn chas n dave track rather than a football anthem?

I don't think the FC Cologne Version with the clapping sounds crap sorry but I don't and if you look on You Tube at FC Cologne fans singing it sounds great but then that's my opinion... Dwight York sounded a bit naff TBH until it was adopted but was great when everyone at VP or wembley when we won the cup was singing it!!!

I know you've worked hard for this and sorry for being negative but I think it's crap?

I don't think the FC Cologne Version with the clapping sounds crap sorry but I don't and if you look on You Tube at FC Cologne fans singing it sounds great but then that's my opinion... Dwight York sounded a bit naff TBH until it was adopted but was great when everyone at VP or wembley when we won the cup was singing it!!!

Agree. The german band makes it sound crap, but when the fans sing it it sounds really good

Agree. The german band makes it sound crap, but when the fans sing it it sounds really good

Yeah all who keep saying its crap have a look at this video on You Tube and then decide...

The Scouse have movement at Anfield called 'Reclaim the Kop' where they are trying to inject European style support into English Football

Please God, no! European style support is repetetive, lacks the humor and spontanious banter we love about the English support culture. I see people keep mentioning the PAOK chant and JulieB keeps trying to promote the VIVA song. I guess this is going to sound a bit harsh, and I honestly do appreciate that you're trying hard to get something going, but I really hope the Holte End won't adopt these songs. For me, this is one step closer to someone banging a big drum and before you know it we're like the Pompey fans with their two "song" repertoir.

British fans are unique. They're funny, they're creative, they sing about tradition, have actual songs and they make a lot of noise. The key to bringing back the noise and atmosphere in British football is STANDING UP. Simple as that.

Yeah all who keep saying its crap have a look at this video on You Tube and then decide...

Sorry all I hear is a lot of people singing this:

http://tinyurl.com/2hjpfk

Â