The complete and utter chants thread

Pricey_1984

Vindaloo over Carew is on fire ANY day, I just cannot understand why it's not caught on.

A load of guys starting singing a briliant song the other day at rear right hand side of lower Holte. It caught on with a few dozen people in the immediate vicinity and go quiite loud but never really go on with every one.

I have found myself singing it to myself ever since. Not sure what thwe tune is, they may have made it up. It might be the 'and it's all gone quite over there' tune though.

it went:

Roll along Aston Villa Roll along

To the top of the league where you belong

There'll be cups and trophies too, for the boys in claret and blue

They repeated it and repeated it over again. Shouted everyone to join in in the pause between renditions.

I thought is was a great song and no one else could really nick it of us either, we could make it our own.

If you are on here, well done lads, a great effort to get a new song off the ground

When he first joined i thought it would be a chim-chiminey chant but I really like Carew, Carew, Carew is on fire. And everyone I talk to (non-Villa fans I mean) says that's Villa's best chant. But I guess that's only going to be the case if you know the original song.

Anyway, how about:

Ashley Young is magic, he wears a magic hat

And when he saw the Villa, he said I fancy that

He wouldn't sign for West Ham

Or Tottenham cos they're shite

But he signed for Aston Villa and he's f**king dynamite

Ashley Young is magic,he's got magic feet

and when he's got the ball,he''ll lift you off your seat

He wouldn't sign for West Ham

Or Tottenham cos they're shite

But he signed for Aston Villa and he's f**king dynamite

We should get extra verses to things so they aren't over so quickly as well. United and Liverpool's songs go on for ages.

When the ball hits the goal

it's not Drogba or Scholes

it's Maloney

When you're sat on the grass,

you've been left on your ass,

it's Maloney

When he flies down the wing

And leaves you in a spin

it's Maloney

And you know it gets tough

Cos you just can't keep up

With Maloney

Yeah, ran out of ideas a bit towards the end...

Vindaloo over Carew is on fire ANY day, I just cannot understand why it's not caught on.

A load of guys starting singing a briliant song the other day at rear right hand side of lower Holte. It caught on with a few dozen people in the immediate vicinity and go quiite loud but never really go on with every one.

I have found myself singing it to myself ever since. Not sure what thwe tune is, they may have made it up. It might be the 'and it's all gone quite over there' tune though.

it went:

To the top of the league where you belong

There'll be cups and trophies too, for the boys in claret and blue

They repeated it and repeated it over again. Shouted everyone to join in in the pause between renditions.

I thought is was a great song and no one else could really nick it of us either, we could make it our own.

If you are on here, well done lads, a great effort to get a new song off the ground

The song is an old one i remember it from the 80's at some away games.

The words and tune are correct but it aso had a second verse which went something like this:

Roll along Shity City Roll along

To the bottom of the League where you belong

Ther'll be Cups and Saucers too for the Shit in Royal Blue

Roll Along Shity City Roll Along

How about;

Chim Chimeny Chim Chimey Big John Carew

You'll shit your pants when he's running at you

Chim Chimeny Chim Chimeny Big John Carew

Score us a goal for the Claret and Blue

On a previous chants thread I mentioned about song sheets and having them on the back of colour card for us to hold up at the start of the game like they used to do at Wembley and then have songs on the back. I think it was mentioned to the general but he didn't know if it was something that the club would do. Maybe we need to print something in a fanzine instead? Just thinking about costs though. My point was that there are a lot of new fans coming to Villa Park who don't know some of the old chants let alone the new ones. With all that the club are doing for us at the moment this I guess is something that we need to do to do our part so to speak. Just a thought.

This isn't chants, but is crowd related. Is there anyway to either (1) do something similar to what Holland do (where they have all fans wearing orange) for big games to create a sea of claret, or (2) have cards under the seats for the big games that you hold above your head....could show the badge, or the "proud history * bright future" slogan. Always looks impressive when it's done.

isgill88--- the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fONyDesdPKc link is great.. in another clip someone translates what there singing!!!! if we had a song like That!!!

"OOOOOOOOOOOO PAOKara(=great PAOK)

I have madness in my brains

Where ever you are playing, I will be following

I will die for you, and I live only for you

OOOOOOO PAOKara"

Well done! great clip! no idea how to steal that for Villa and keep the meaning.

Thanks pal, the one that Joey found is pretty good too if you get the time to check it out. I've always thought it'd be great to have a song like that....considerably better than the lyrical genius "villa villa villa villa villa villa villa"!

With the recent resurgence in popularity of the " Holte Enders in the Sky" Chant how about adopting Ghost Riders as a club anthem to be played over the PA before the game. There are a number of versions on "YouTube" and as you can hear played at the right volume it could be a rousing sound with all the ground singing our version as the chorus. I know it sounds a bit left field but I think it could work, the Dwight Yorke "New York, New York" took some time to catch but was a er in the end. Also Ghost Riders has double bonus with the American theme. What do you think?

At the moment it's a bit low key, I'm talking about elevating to the level where other fans know as "Villas' Song". We know what it is because it's been knocking around VP for 40years but I'm not sure other fans associate it with us. 5 min before the teams come out whack up the volume and give it rock all to Johnny Cash! Scarves n'all!

My mate wrote the lyrics to H.E.I.T.S.,in 1970, here they are,

(the cleaned up version)

As i walked out at Villa Park one dark and dusty day,

I spied a poor blues fan a running far away

I said to this poor city fan it looks like you might die

He said i know `cause i`ve just seen seen Holte Enders in the sky

Yippee eye aye, Yippee eye ohh, Holte Enders in the sky,

now he ran down the terraces and then towards the gate

little did he know death was to be his fate

he had one more short hour to live and then he`d hear the cry

that every city fan does fear , Holte Enders in the sky,

Yippee eye aye, Yippee eye ohh, Holte Enders in the sky,