This is the story of Hourihane

Came down to Villa just to play

until the game was won

and  one time soon we gonna be the champions of the world

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Um. Guess it'll never happen, but I saw Jacob Bedeau's name mentioned in another thread on here and I instantly started humming the Pink Panther theme ...

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Has to be said, singing Don't Look Back In Anger felt special on Sunday. I think I've said in the past, it's not a song I would choose, but it's taken a bit of life of its own. I can't stop watching videos of it being sung down VP. I may be wrong, and it may fade away, but I think we may have an new anthem.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎24‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 18:32, dAVe80 said:

Has to be said, singing Don't Look Back In Anger felt special on Sunday. I think I've said in the past, it's not a song I would choose, but it's taken a bit of life of its own. I can't stop watching videos of it being sung down VP. I may be wrong, and it may fade away, but I think we may have an new anthem.

I think we will have to gracefully give this a miss as our potential new anthem  now - as it has now become Manchester/London/Anti terrorist anthem and I think that's only right really.   We will have to search for another I think - maybe by a Brummie band this time though - but yeah, it was becoming quite spine tingling to have everyone joining in like we were.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was listening to some of those 'hits of year x' playlists on Apple Music the other day, and the 1999 one inspired the following, to the tune of Livin La Vida Loca:

Left foot right foot head,

You can't stop Jonny Kodjia.

He'll score and score again,

He'll de-stroy your defence,

And his nickname's Jimmy Danger.

He will bang them in,

You can't stop Jonny Kodjia,

Then there could be a bit of a singalong to the 'duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh' bit as well. Maybe too long for a football chant, but kept me amused for the five minutes I spent coming up with it at least!

• 2 weeks later...

I am hoping to hear my favourite chant usually after a bad run and we start putting goals and good play together

"Villa are back, Villa are back, hello,hello"

quite stirring when sung in unison, imo

Edited by TRO

On 26/07/2017 at 19:28, Carlos_the_third said:

Was listening to some of those 'hits of year x' playlists on Apple Music the other day, and the 1999 one inspired the following, to the tune of Livin La Vida Loca:

Left foot right foot head,

He'll score and score again,

He'll de-stroy your defence,

And his nickname's Jimmy Danger.

He will bang them in,

Then there could be a bit of a singalong to the 'duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh' bit as well. Maybe too long for a football chant, but kept me amused for the five minutes I spent coming up with it at least!

I would advise not listening again.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â