Match Thread

KjParton

Love the people on Facebook saying stupid shit like 'another season of fighting relegation'.

I'm not sure what was more embarrassing, the fans of other clubs who thought it was the first team, or our own fans?! I really must stop reading FB updates, they make me fear for humanity.  

• Like 1

A mate of mine works for Newport, I was talking to him before the game and he was saying that villa had promised 5 players from the first team. They were pretty annoyed we didn't honour it! Pretty disrespectful if that is the case, not only to Newport but also the villa fans who travelled down for it

A mate of mine works for Newport, I was talking to him before the game and he was saying that villa had promised 5 players from the first team. They were pretty annoyed we didn't honour it! Pretty disrespectful if that is the case, not only to Newport but also the villa fans who travelled down for it

Chinese whispers.

I can't see any statement by AVFC other than the stuff on the official website previewing the game among the other 'development squad' fixtures - here.

I think they should look to their own club for the nature of the publicity & pricing of the fixture.

Edited by RunRickyRun
  • Like 1

Chinese whispers.

I can't see any statement by AVFC other than the stuff on the official website previewing the game among the other 'development squad' fixtures - here.

I think they should look to their own club for the nature of the publicity & pricing of the fixture.

Well he is commercial manager for Newport so is pretty involved with the day to day running of the club. If he said Villa agreed to field 5 first team players I'm inclined to believe it to be honest.

I agree completely about the pricing of the fixture just don't like to hear about the club conducting themselves in anything but a professional manner

Â