Match Thread

KjParton

Team:

Watkins, Lyndon, Bateman, Webb, Kinsella Cowans, Calder, ? , Sellars, Johnson, Grealish

Wildin, Bannister, Strain

Ah, well done pie, I missed one!

Edited by hogso
  • Like 1

Villa trying to crosses from the wings, and just pumped the ball into the box from a free kick - but it's men v boys, literally, out there, and our lads do the have the physicality to get heads on the ball.

As such, Grealish just broke in to the box and had a go himself - comfortably saved.

Newport have a big, strong no. 6 at CB. He just stood manhandling Grealish, and stood shoulder to shoulder and gave as good as he got - but better, he won a free kick too.

Bit of a scramble and confusion on the goal line after a Newport cross, and the ball has been deemed to have crossed the line after being cleared. 1-1, very much against the run of play. Impossible to tell if over the line or not from here, but the crowds reaction suggests it was.

2-1, our number 8 - I'll be honest, I don't know him by sight, but think it mightve been O'brien. Run in from the right wing, given tons of space, and when no one closed him down, he had a pop himself. Keeper got a touch but couldn't keep it out.

Edited by hogso

Yeah I'm at the game. 2-1 at half time. At least I think. Missed the last five minutes as I was buyin a 'ot dog. There weren't any goal scored sounding cheers though :D

Â