Match Thread

KjParton

Yeah Grealish for sure. Supremely composed on the ball, drifts effortlessly from the wing inside, and when he doesn't have the ball he has a great knack of getting himself in to a position to receive the ball and - importantly - do something with it. Either find a team mate, beat his man, or move the ball in to space.

He draws a decent foul too. I'm sure there's a better way of putting that, but you know what I mean. He also doesn't seem to be small when compared to the other villa lads - but maybe the rest are small?

Teams out for the second half, villa shooting the other way so will be harder to track the forward players unfortunately

Edited by hogso
  • Like 2

Yeah Grealish for sure. Supremely composed on the ball, drifts effortlessly from the wing inside, and when he doesn't have the ball he has a great knack of getting himself in to a position to receive the ball and - importantly - do something with it. Either find a team mate, beat his man, or move the ball in to space.

He draws a decent foul too. I'm sure there's a better way of putting that, but you know what I mean. He also doesn't seem to be small when compared to the other villa lads - but maybe the rest are small?

Teams out for the second half, villa shooting the other way so will be harder to track the forward players unfortunately

Cheers mate. Top stuff

Very nearly 3-1 - villa cross comes in from the left corner of the box, met by the head of a Newport CB straight at his own goal. Luckily the keeper was already moving in the right direction to save it

Left wing cross from Grealish deceives everyone - Sellars, Newport defence, and keeper - and nearly creeps in to the far corner.

2-2, the Newport sub just scored. Missed it cos I was typing the above. Heh. Well, I saw the ball creep in to the corner, defender couldn't quite reach it

2-3 Newport. That was a keeper cock up, pure and simple I'm afraid. Watkins doesn't seem to like to catch, and it didn't help him there as a Newport forward beats him to the ball for a simple finish.

Good save Watkins, gets fingertips to a rasping effort from the edge of the box. He then tries to punch the resulting corner and just about gets away with it. Must admit I'm not all that impressed with his showing today.

2-5 Newport. Cross from the dead ball line (was it out?) floats high, and leaves the villa defence floundering. Nicely controlled and finished on the half volley.

This is shortly followed by a Newport cross which Watkins catches - ironic cheers from the villa faithful.

2904 is the attendance

Grealish wins a free kick outside the box, right in the middle of the D, and takes it himself. Just high and wide of the top right corner. One of the first meaningful attempts on goal of the half, that.

Edited by hogso

I don't think so. Could be in the Stand, but as far as I can tell, it's Sid & Stan on the touchline

Newport just had another disallowed

Edited by hogso

More indecision from the villa lads as a low cross comes on. No one gets to ball, keeper stuck in no man's land, and the diving header goes mercifully wide

Â