Bodymoor ...

Ulver

It wouldn't be the first time that the stupidness of the few has cost the many

I doubt it will be a permanent measure just a warning to those you-tubers breaking club privacy

Edited by AshVilla

It's down to the two chavs that have been selling shirts and asking questions with their phones. If chavs were pestering me I'd be pretty annoyed too. Just ban filming and signing anything but a book and we'll be fine.

Sadly it IS TRUE. Took the nephew up regardless of rumours this morning only to be met by a security man at the gate turning us way

The reason given ... YOUTUBE videos. PATHETIC!

Well tell the players not to discuss personal shit with the public. JOB DONE

One extremely unhappy child grumbling all the way home. And from what i was 'told', Lambert's orders

Sort it out Paul. They're GROWN MEN, if they can't tell the difference between signing a few kids books and a video interview ... FFS

Edited by Ulver

Sadly it IS TRUE. Took the nephew up regardless of rumours this morning only to be met by a security man at the gate turning us way

The reason given ... YOUTUBE videos. PATHETIC!

Well tell the players not to discuss personal shit with the public. JOB DONE

One extremely unhappy child grumbling all the way home. And from what i was 'told', Lambert's orders

Sort it out Paul. They're GROWN MEN, if they can't tell the difference between signing a few kids books and a video interview ... FFS

How sad that a couple of people have spoilt it for the rest .

At the end of the day the club is a business, you wouldn't find people walking into an Apple store trying to record members of staff about internal politics.

I'm sure after we've had our clearout and a new policy is in place regarding recording, they will go back to normal.

Its very understandable.

• Like 2

I think the Villa you tube lads are ace & as always there's always some stupid damn kill joy looking to spoil it for every body else by going OTT with red tape.

In the name of PR Please sort it out now Villa pronto. I beg you

This would never have happened under The General now would it? ;)

I've just been told that the great unwashed (eg: us) have now been banned from even going onto the carpark and waiting for the players to leave.

Now, before any smart arses think 'so what'. This has been a tradition even going back to when my old man took me in the early 80's to meet my heroes there, It's the one small place left where the young uns can actually get to see their heroes in the flesh and share a few brief seconds in their company, 99% of the time it takes the average player approx 5 minutes in total to sign a few books and have a few photos taken and i've only seen about 3 players over the years drive out without stopping.

It's not about adults, it's for the kids. And whenever i've been and took my nephew those waiting are 80% children clutching their autograph books and acting like i would if i walked into a bar and found Paul McGrath, Tom Waits and Keith Richards propping it up

FFS VIlla, this is a terrible decision and one that will just increase the gap between supporters and club. Kids remember shit like this.

Sort it out whoever has made this decision

About 10 years ago my Dad walked into a bar in Birmingham and saw God himself. He tells me that he offered to buy my dad a drink after he said hello and that, and then walked off, literally with a blonde girl on each arm. Just thought I'd share a McGrath tale.  :D

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to make myself very unpopular on here, but IMO its their place of work.

would you expect to turn up to pinewood studio's and expect time with a film star or Abbey road and expect to speak to Paul McCartney in their hey day armed with an autograph book.

I really do understand the appearance of all this , but surely there must be other places/moments to meet their heroes, what about before the match when they arrive....surely they will sign Autographs then.

There will always be the few that spoil it for the majority, but I have always thought that fans hanging around training grounds in numbers can turn it in to a bit of a circus....When the players should be concentrating on their work.

If I remember right this has been a bit of a "chestnut" over the years with all our managers some have allowed it (reluctantly) others haven't.

I'm going to make myself very unpopular on here, but IMO its their place of work.

would you expect to turn up to pinewood studio's and expect time with a film star or Abbey road and expect to speak to Paul McCartney in their hey day armed with an autograph book.

I really do understand the appearance of all this , but surely there must be other places/moments to meet their heroes, what about before the match when they arrive....surely they will sign Autographs then.

There will always be the few that spoil it for the majority, but I have always thought that fans hanging around training grounds in numbers can turn it in to a bit of a circus....When the players should be concentrating on their work.

If I remember right this has been a bit of a "chestnut" over the years with all our managers some have allowed it (reluctantly) others haven't.

Most of the time they just walk straight in. I have no problem with people taking their kids, but it's the blokes turning up and getting them to sign 10 of the same picture.

Yes. Unless I have been hallucinating all my life, this is exactly what stars in any entertainment sector whose earning power partly depends on maintaining a public profile are prepared to do and probably expect to.

Can't see why Villa should think they are any exception.

Yes. Unless I have been hallucinating all my life, this is exactly what stars in any entertainment sector whose earning power partly depends on maintaining a public profile are prepared to do and probably expect to.

Always been the same too. Even when players were paid far less and weren't front page news. I love Villa but hate football to be honest.

That's rubbish Briny. Yes, pester them all you want in public.

But if they're at their place of work, behind closed doors, training, practicing for a performance, whatever.. Then the public don't just automatically have the right to be let in 'because they're entertainers'.

That's rubbish Briny. Yes, pester them all you want in public.

But if they're at their place of work, behind closed doors, training, practicing for a performance, whatever.. Then the public don't just automatically have the right to be let in 'because they're entertainers'.

They aren't behind closed doors or at work, that's the whole point!

Supporters haven't been allowed into the actual complex where they work for many, many years.

My original post was about the public carpark. This is way away from the training pitches and building and is simply where a few folks park up and the kids (and a few adults) stand around and wait for the players to leave work for the day (ahem ... at about 1pm normally) the players used to pull up, sign a few autographs, make a few kids smile and then be on their merry way

Painless. 

Â