Your sexual orientation - Choice or no choice ?

BOF

Your sexual orientation  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Your sexual orientation

• Your choice
    • No choice

Isn't swearing a sin? What about praying to a saint, is that idolatory and also a sin? :lol:

But really, who cares? I know plenty of gays, some cool, some tossers, same as anyone else, I just think that sometimes people want a flag to fight behind to make them feel special/different to the 'norm'. Just another yoghurt-knitter argument, if you're happy and not harming anyone, just get on with it and enjoy your life, regardless of sexuality/beliefs...

(The above does not of course apply to the bluenose - may they burn in hell!) :twisted:

Well I have read all this and on page 4 I said that I felt nothing would change my mind that it is not down to choice. Quite frankly, some of the points made arguing my beliefs have only managed to strengthen them. That's not a joke or a dig, that is a 100% factual statement.

ObiWan Sheriff: Strike me down, you will only make me stronger.

Man, I'm a geek.

I think the majority of human beings are born with the urge to reproduce, for them there realy is no choice.

For others that urge simply isn't there, so they do have a choice. I think in their case who they are attracted to is a complicated mixture of social elemants.

So the answer to the question is both. Although I think ultimately everyone has a choice.

The real question is why do people need an explanation for homosexuality? It's unimportant. Homosexuality isn't a disorder with a cause - it just happens naturally like developping certain skills or preferences. No one wants to know why someone fancies blondes or supports Villa. Knowing the source of homosexuality leads to judgement, it clearly influences people's attitude towards it. Many poeple would find it easier to accept homosexuals if it was proven that they have no choice. That worries me, it's disrespectful and intolerant.

The real question is why do people need an explanation for homosexuality? It's unimportant. Homosexuality isn't a disorder with a cause - it just happens naturally like developping certain skills or preferences. No one wants to know why someone fancies blondes or supports Villa. Knowing the source of homosexuality leads to judgement, it clearly influences people's attitude towards it. Many poeple would find it easier to accept homosexuals if it was proven that they have no choice. That worries me, it's disrespectful and intolerant.

This is a very good point Kitey :clap:

why do people need an explanation for homosexuality?

some good points Kitey but The Bible has stood the test of time regardless of wheither or not people still believe , the UK is Still a Christian country and our constitution and laws are written around these Christian values .. The the bible is quite clear when it says along the lines of "thou shalt not covert thy neighbour , more so if he has a moustache and listens to the Pet Shop boys " .

The bible says We are made in His image and likeness. Would any clergy be willing to call God a homosexual!?

maybe thats why some people feel the need for an explanation ??

weirdly enough the book of Matthew says, "In the end times, men will want men, and women will want women" , so maybe we should all go out an borrow sums of money as it seems we may not have to pay it back in the long term :-)

Do you know any homosexuals who feel they have no choice?

You might find the opposite is more the case. They are not suffering some terrible condition that needs to be cured, they have made a conscious choice. This choice is no different to the one we all make on who will be our partner.

Are there urges? Certainly. But it is still a choice you make. Either you indulge or you abstain.

As for it being more accepted if it was proven they had no choice - again, you might find it to be the opposite. It would prove they are suffering from something that the majority do not. That puts them as second class citizens in many people's eyes.

Â