Your sexual orientation - Choice or no choice ?

BOF

Your sexual orientation  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Your sexual orientation

• Your choice
    • No choice

Great quote on QI.

Seemingly if Michelangelo had been straight, the Sistine chapel ceiling would have been painted in matt white .... and with a roller.

Picture this, imagine you were bought up where same sex relationships was normal and difference sex relationships not as usual. Now you would automatically try and be normal wouldn't you to try and fit in. Now reverse the situation and apply it today. We are all bought up where difference sex relationships are normal and same sex relationships not as common. Thus sexuality is predominantly determined by experience and environment, not genetics

We are all born as empty vessels. The genes just make the exterior. What makes the interior are through our experiences and those experiences later on form our attitudes and thoughts, by which they are certainly not stable. E.g. You believed in Santa Claus, then through experience and knowledge, your attitudes change. (Bit off topic).

I read somewhere that homosexuality was unknown amongst the people of polynesia before explorers landed there. Now it does exist. This would tend to indicate that lifestyle does play a part. Perhaps this is one of those things that cannot be pigeonholed into a single cause.

I noticed this has been ignored.... now I don't know if this is true, but a strange fact of so...

I wonder, do are people born liars? Or is that a choice? are people born Burgalars? Or is that a choice? Are people born to be Missionaries, Priests, Teachers? No, I'd say not... definitely believe it is choice..

I read somewhere that homosexuality was unknown amongst the people of polynesia before explorers landed there. Now it does exist. This would tend to indicate that lifestyle does play a part. Perhaps this is one of those things that cannot be pigeonholed into a single cause.

I noticed this has been ignored.... now I don't know if this is true, but a strange fact of so...

I wonder, do are people born liars? Or is that a choice? are people born Burgalars? Or is that a choice? Are people born to be Missionaries, Priests, Teachers? No, I'd say not... definitely believe it is choice..

its hardly the same...

a chemical reaction when you see someone attractive, is not the same as choosing to mug someone, become a priest, lie to someone, etc...

as for the people of polynesia, maybe they simply didnt go about advertsing who they shagged... or maybe it was again, frowned upon in their society so they repressed any feelings they had...

if its true at all...

Picture this, imagine you were bought up where same sex relationships was normal and difference sex relationships not as usual. Now you would automatically try and be normal wouldn't you to try and fit in. Now reverse the situation and apply it today. We are all bought up where difference sex relationships are normal and same sex relationships not as common. Thus sexuality is predominantly determined by experience and environment, not genetics

This makes absolutely no sense, or is it the lager???

Ignored because it is probably bollocks, and there is no way of checking it (ie they could just be lying). Arn't there numerous examples of homosexuality in the animal kingdom? Are you telling me they make a choice?

hes basically backing up the point about more people expressing their homosexuality recently, because its becoming more socially acceptable...

without actually realising it...

I thought he had the wrong end of his stick, it didn't back the argument up at all IMO.

i dont think he realised that by saying what he did, pretty much backs up what some of us have been saying about homosexuality being in the past, but not really known about because it wasnt socially acceptable, and in some cases, illegal, but now its more socially acceptable, people are accepting that they are naturally attracted to the same sex simply because they were born that way...

I have no problem with homosexuals, none at all... If that's your orientation, knock yourself out... same as blokes who like fat chicks... I couldn't care less, it's great people can express there choices!

and to quote Blackadder, "But still why should I complain? Just leaves more rampant totty for us real men, eh?" :wink:

Â