Match Thread

samjp26

Bloody great away day, horrendous journey back. No trains from Crewe to Lichfield TV so had to go to Birmingham to get to Lichfield, but it stopped at City leaving me with a 1-2 mile walk back to TV.

Bloody great away day, horrendous journey back. No trains from Crewe to Lichfield TV so had to go to Birmingham to get to Lichfield, but it stopped at City leaving me with a 1-2 mile walk back to TV.

Ah shit mate that sucks!

Dad and I were thinking of taking the train from Tamworth but sacked it off cos we didn't fancy the late train. We drove instead, Motorways were much clearer on the way back as well. 

The thing that stinks about that walk is that the fastest way to get there is via Cherry Orchard, Roman way  etc  and IIRC there are no pubs  along that route and certainly none that would be open if  you arrive at Lichfield City after hours. Of course  if  you  aren't pushed for  time  you could  have walked past Cherry Orchard and on  to the Duke of York Pub and then onto the Anchor at Streethay. I would celebrate each goal with a pint  and use the walk between pubs  to  burn the  calories !

Then on the other hand if  you don't   go  to Pubs...just enjoy the walk! Better walking it  after  Crewe  than   doing it  after Luton!

The thing that stinks about that walk is that the fastest way to get there is via Cherry Orchard, Roman way  etc  and IIRC there are no pubs  along that route and certainly none that would be open if  you arrive at Lichfield City after hours. Of course  if  you  aren't pushed for  time  you could  have walked past Cherry Orchard and on  to the Duke of York Pub and then onto the Anchor at Streethay. I would celebrate each goal with a pint  and use the walk between pubs  to  burn the  calories !

Then on the other hand if  you don't   go  to Pubs...just enjoy the walk! Better walking it  after  Crewe  than   doing it  after Luton!

Nah I went via Tesco's and got some food then walked along Trent Valley road.

Â