Jump to content

Manchester United


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

Like I said in the other thread the whole debate over last man / goalscoring opportunity yellow car or red card was negated by Dean not even giving a free kick

He took the easy way out of making a hard call, in other words absolutely bottled it 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
40 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ll go top of the table if they beat Everton on Saturday.

They would. Not sure they will win it though. I don’t think they’ve had the toughest of starts in fairness. I think both Chelsea and Man City have had trickier opening matches.

Busy couple of months for them coming up, from 30th September through to the end of November. 

Villarreal (h), Everton (h), Leicester (a) Atlanta (h), Liverpool (h), Spurs (a), Atlanta (a), Man City (h), Watford (a), Villarreal (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h)

My guess is there will be a few dropped points among that lot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

They would. Not sure they will win it though. I don’t think they’ve had the toughest of starts in fairness. I think both Chelsea and Man City have had trickier opening matches.

Busy couple of months for them coming up, from 30th September through to the end of November. 

Villarreal (h), Everton (h), Leicester (a) Atlanta (h), Liverpool (h), Spurs (a), Atlanta (a), Man City (h), Watford (a), Villarreal (a), Chelsea (a), Arsenal (h)

My guess is there will be a few dropped points among that lot.

Are those fixtures consecutive? That's a very difficult run. Ole has his work cut out for him to not get sacked by the end of it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
6 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Are those fixtures consecutive? That's a very difficult run. Ole has his work cut out for him to not get sacked by the end of it.

There’s the international break between the Everton and Leicester matches, but yes that is the order of their matches between now and the end of November.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


6 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Greenwood was not passing to him because all Ronaldo did was shoot - got nothing on target. I don’t blame the kid, he looked far more dangerous. 

Greenwood's shooting was awful second half. He also missed their best chance from open game in first 10 minutes.

Really though considering he's been around the first team for over two years now and showed a pretty good level this should've been the season where he became their CF and Cavani comes in when he needs to be rested.

That's another issue, you stall Greenwood's development for another two years with Ronaldo around and he could easily be another Rashford, still good but not quite as good as he threatened to be 3-4 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Are those fixtures consecutive? That's a very difficult run. Ole has his work cut out for him to not get sacked by the end of it.

Don't they usually peak v the better teams? They've had pretty good record v Man. City in last three seasons I think and beaten Chelsea a few times under OGS although I suspect Chelsea will have their number this season if they have their first 11 out as it's just better balanced.

Very tough game after game run though particularly as they'll struggle to finish top 2 in their CL group if they don't beat Villareal midweek.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
38 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d expect United to get wins against Everton, Spurs, Watford, Villarreal and maybe Arsenal. Manchester derby is the toss of a coin (City favourites of course). 

The trip to America could be interesting though 😉 

I don’t disagree that those are the games I’d fancy them to win, including Leicester too as it happens. However I could equally see each of those matches ending in a draw (individually I mean, not all of them, if you know what I mean). Basically if they only picked up maybe 3 wins in their next 8 league matches, I wouldn’t be shocked.

Their games in Europe (and America ;)) I don’t know about, I only include them as they could have a bearing on their domestic fixtures. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


19 hours ago, VillaChris said:

He's still a great goalscorer but it feels a bit to me like when we signed Darren Bent, team didn't really improve despite having a reliable goalscorer in final third. 

Bent kept us up the season we signed him.

Ronaldo could do the same for Utd.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Seeing that clip from behind the goal makes me wonder, how do people not die of embarrassment being Manchester United fans with thick London accents? I understand foreign fans supporting whatever club they want, but there are so many clubs in your city, many of them big clubs...why flock to Manchester? I see the same with Liverpool. You see a Liverpool fan on Youtube and they invariably sound like Harry Kane. Does not compute.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Seeing that clip from behind the goal makes me wonder, how do people not die of embarrassment being Manchester United fans with thick London accents? I understand foreign fans supporting whatever club they want, but there are so many clubs in your city, many of them big clubs...why flock to Manchester? I see the same with Liverpool. You see a Liverpool fan on Youtube and they invariably sound like Harry Kane. Does not compute.

I think the genuine scouse Liverpool fans **** hate them too, call them wools 

Said before on here I hate utd fans more than bluenoses, never talk football with one, their banter can get **** 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
33 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I think the genuine scouse Liverpool fans **** hate them too, call them wools 

Said before on here I hate utd fans more than bluenoses, never talk football with one, their banter can get **** 

Aren't woolybacks specifically Liverpool fans from the rural areas and smaller towns (eg St Helens) in the region around the city?

Link to comment
Share on other sites


1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

I need to see Ronaldo play in the Europa League 😂

Could well happen if they don't beat Villareal which is quite likely given Wan Bisakka, Shaw and Maguire all out so going to be a very weak defence. Villareal were also very comfortable getting a 0-0 away to Real Madrid at the weekend.

Atalanta will probably suit them more but 1 point from 2 games would very likely mean that it would go to the last game again and they flopped when they just needed a draw in Leipzig last season and went out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Could well happen if they don't beat Villareal which is quite likely given Wan Bisakka, Shaw and Maguire all out so going to be a very weak defence. Villareal were also very comfortable getting a 0-0 away to Real Madrid at the weekend.

Atalanta will probably suit them more but 1 point from 2 games would very likely mean that it would go to the last game again and they flopped when they just needed a draw in Leipzig last season and went out.

Be absolutely hilarious if Emery do them again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â