Jump to content

Manchester United


BOF
 Share

Recommended Posts

To be fair, it could have been ruled offside. There was exactly the same incident the week before (in Brighton game i think), and it was adjudged offside.

Watch Watkins when Hause heads it in - he doesn't celebrate at all, looks at the linesman and is very sheepish like he is worried VAR rules it out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Yep, funny enough he wasn't so worried about unsporting behaviour when Fernando's dived for their penalty few games back....or when pogba openly told one of their young forwards to dive more to get a penalty.

It must be different for man utd!

It's always different for man utd, I haven't checked to see what their yearly penalty awards are but I can bet it is far higher than any club outside the top 6. They get var favouring them every time we play them. I didn't see them complaining about maguire not even getting classed as fouling mcginn when it was a red card for pulling him back as last man, pogba doing his trade mark dives around the penalty area, and no hesitation in awarding the penalty despite everyone knowing if it were a utd defender it would be play on. And surrounding the ref is a trade mark of utd. When utd tactics are used against them its unsporting because they believe only they should behave in such away.

Self Entitled idiots

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

To be fair, it could have been ruled offside. There was exactly the same incident the week before (in Brighton game i think), and it was adjudged offside.

Watch Watkins when Hause heads it in - he doesn't celebrate at all, looks at the linesman and is very sheepish like he is worried VAR rules it out.

Agreed.

Although look at De Gea too - zero complaints at conceding an 88th minute goal? If he felt Watkins had interfered, he’d be livid. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

To be fair, it could have been ruled offside. There was exactly the same incident the week before (in Brighton game i think), and it was adjudged offside.

Watch Watkins when Hause heads it in - he doesn't celebrate at all, looks at the linesman and is very sheepish like he is worried VAR rules it out.

It's an awful rule, just another one that is designed to take goals away from the game. The Leicester decision was an absolute shocker, but Brighton have been getting lucky with VAR for a few seasons now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

To be fair, it could have been ruled offside. There was exactly the same incident the week before (in Brighton game i think), and it was adjudged offside.

Watch Watkins when Hause heads it in - he doesn't celebrate at all, looks at the linesman and is very sheepish like he is worried VAR rules it out.

If a goal is scored direct from a corner then it should stand, while I saw it was given offside the other week, it is bollocks. All you would need to do is as soon as the kick is taken, run away from the goal leaving 5 attacking players offside and let the keeper stay with the furthest forward player. So anyone behind that player making contact would automatically make the player by the keeper offside. A total nonsense.

Edited by brummybloke
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

If a goal is scored direct from a corner then it should stand, while I saw it was given offside the other week, it is bollocks. All you would need to do is as soon as the kick is taken, run away from the goal leaving 5 attacking players offside and let the keeper stay with the furthest forward player. So anyone behind that player making contact would automatically make the player by the keeper offside. A total nonsense.

This is a misunderstanding of the situation, nobody is claiming it's offside directly from the corner, it can't possibly be, the ball is played backwards. The offside shout is against Watkins at the point when Hause heads it, which is probably no longer interfering with play, just about.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


16 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

It's always different for man utd, I haven't checked to see what their yearly penalty awards are but I can bet it is far higher than any club outside the top 6. They get var favouring them every time we play them. I didn't see them complaining about maguire not even getting classed as fouling mcginn when it was a red card for pulling him back as last man, pogba doing his trade mark dives around the penalty area, and no hesitation in awarding the penalty despite everyone knowing if it were a utd defender it would be play on. And surrounding the ref is a trade mark of utd. When utd tactics are used against them its unsporting because they believe only they should behave in such away.

Self Entitled idiots

I think I read Fernandes has scored 21 since he joined them

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Lets face it if next summer they come in with a bid over 60 million we will open up our  legs and take the offer.

McGinn is playing better without Grealish as he is going back to more of his natural free role rather than a out  and out DM. 

Reminds me a bit of when Barry left and Milner became the main man for a season before also being sold.

Why would we do that?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Czarnikjak said:

To be fair, it could have been ruled offside. There was exactly the same incident the week before (in Brighton game i think), and it was adjudged offside.

Watch Watkins when Hause heads it in - he doesn't celebrate at all, looks at the linesman and is very sheepish like he is worried VAR rules it out.

It could have yes.

But will the manager analyse that performance?

I very much doubt it and my evidence is the last two years of largely incredibly rotten performances.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

They are crying out for a ball carrying, hustling, can pick a pass and score a goal midfielder. 

SJM'S going nowhere you bastards.

Can see why they wanted Jude Bellingham. Will probably sign him for 150m in a year or two as Pogba replacement when they could've got him for whatever he went to Dortmund for.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, TreeVillan said:

It's an awful rule, just another one that is designed to take goals away from the game. The Leicester decision was an absolute shocker, but Brighton have been getting lucky with VAR for a few seasons now.

I always thought the rule was if a player was running infront of keeper as shot came in so keeper's dive is impacted and so a saveable shot trickles in.

If you look at the second replay from infront of the goal, De Gea has a clever view as Hause jumps and dives as soon as he connects with the header. No chance saving it either.

Leicester goal being ruled out last weekend was ridiculous.

Ours would've probably been ruled out last season though when you think McGinn hit top corner v Arsenal away and it was ruled out because I think Barkley had sort of run by Arsenal keeper. Another stupid rule that at least is having some common sense applied this year.

It wasn't actually a corner anyway as hit Mings last so Man. United aren't even really complaining about the right thing, similar to that corner Man. City scored from in the league cup final.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


The dive from Pogba for their free-kick on half-time was absolutely shocking; it would have been the perfect opportunity for Mike Dean to get some attention for booking him.

Maguire's foul on Mcginn was blatant too, awful refereeing (or lack of it).

 

Edited by Zhan_Zhuang
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • VT Supporter
18 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

The dive from Pogba for their free-kick on half-time was absolutely shocking; it would have been the perfect opportunity for Mike Dean to get some attention for booking him.

Maguire's found on Mcginn Wass blatant too, awful refereeing (or lack of it).

 

That said, that's the fairest we've been treated vs them for years and we still got shafted.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Thought about this a bit after the Mings error against Chelsea, then after Nakamba missing a penalty, now Bruno missing a penalty, and . . . maybe this emphasis on players showing 'accountability for their mistakes' through social media channels is maybe kind of not that great? Like obviously in this case it's just funny because **** Penandes but I don't really need footballers to write me a grovelling apology for miskicking a football.

If they don't do it, there'll be an incessant torrent of abuse for at least a week so they have to get in front of it. It's kind of sad to be honest. It's just a game.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Davkaus said:

This is a misunderstanding of the situation, nobody is claiming it's offside directly from the corner, it can't possibly be, the ball is played backwards. The offside shout is against Watkins at the point when Hause heads it, which is probably no longer interfering with play, just about.

I think you are misunderstanding what I've said.

It obviously can't be off side when the ball is kicked, however as soon as the attacking team touch the ball after the kick,  it can then be offside. As I say, all you would need to do to defend a corner is run up the pitch leaving all attackers v the keeper when the ball is in the air because unless the one closest to the goal line scores, anyone else touches it, its offside.

Which is why I said if a team scores direct from a corner it should stand. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Even if it's the rule, I don't think in the spirit of the game that should have been disallowed. At no point was Watkins in his eyeline. When Hause heads it, Watkins is actually beside De Gea. Watkins' presence doesn't affect De Gea's ability to save that ball, so why should it be offside? He's not interfering, nor is he blocking the goalie's vision. There's no advantage gained by the attacker. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Even if it's the rule, I don't think in the spirit of the game that should have been disallowed. At no point was Watkins in his eyeline. When Hause heads it, Watkins is actually beside De Gea. Watkins' presence doesn't affect De Gea's ability to save that ball, so why should it be offside? He's not interfering, nor is he blocking the goalie's vision. There's no advantage gained by the attacker. 

 

Yep, this is it for me. Hause headed it into a position where De Gea couldn't save it. De Gea had a clear opportunity to dive at it and was not impeded by Watkins in his dive. What part of it are they arguing that Watkins was interfering with?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of use Terms of Use, Cookies We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Â