Manchester United

BOF

Definitely, they've got the 2nd / 3rd generation of glory hunting fans still to come and then there's the glory hunting shift in general in this country, I think it's slowed down for the likes of Chelsea and City because its spread across Europe, dad's have been clever enough to push their kits in to barca or Madrid or now juve 

I can see hard done by 11 year old utd fans getting their glory hunting fix by having barca as their side team

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Man Utd of the 2020s are going to be like Liverpool in the 90s/00s.  They'll still pull in their fair share of fans.

I think man u will drop harder than Liverpool though. I don't think they finished outside the top 5? I think man u could bottom out in a relegation battle if this carries on

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think man u will drop harder than Liverpool though. I don't think they finished outside the top 5? I think man u could bottom out in a relegation battle if this carries on

Actual attendances are dropping already. I’m sure on paper they are full, but lots of empty seats in reality.

I don’t think United will fall that far, they’ll always be able to buy their way out of major trouble.

Edited by Genie

5 hours ago, Rob182 said:

The Birmingham born Man Utd fan at my work is telling me...

His opinion is invalid as he is a glory hunter. 

Just walk away from him and never speak to him again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Xela said:

His opinion is invalid as he is a glory hunter. 

Just walk away from him and never speak to him again. 

At work I sit inbetween a Villa fan and a blues fan, and opposite two Birmingham born Man Utd fans (one male, one female). Next to the blues fan is a Birmingham born Arsenal fan.

The villa fan is sound but says about 9 words all day.

The woman Man Utd fan is one of the most unbearable people I’ve ever worked with, so honestly he’s the lesser of two (or more) evils.

Going back 18 months or so when we were based at a different office, I sat on a bank of desks with 5 other blokes... 4 were Man Utd fans!* The other was Liverpool.

They still have huge support

* only one was an authentic Manc! 

4 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They did a few times.  Off the top of my head they were mid table in the first year of the Prem and also finished below us in MON’s last year.

12 hours ago, Xela said:

Going back 18 months or so when we were based at a different office, I sat on a bank of desks with 5 other blokes... 4 were Man Utd fans!* The other was Liverpool.

They still have huge support

* only one was an authentic Manc! 

Given how many people you meet supporting glory-hunting teams in this neck of the woods, it sometimes surprises me that we can ever fill our stadium.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Given how many people you meet supporting glory-hunting teams in this neck of the woods, it sometimes surprises me that we can ever fill our stadium.

One of the saddest sights I saw in the summer while waiting for a train at my local station was a Dad with his two young sons and they both had Man City shirts on. 

The Dad should have gone under the train. 

• Haha 1

The Wolverhampton born and bred Man Utd fan in my office who hates Liverpool just because he's a United fan, has suddenly started going to loads of Wolves games this season and doesn't really care about United anymore.

Funny that

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

A few journos reporting that they made a late move to hijack Augustins loan move to Leeds but it was too far down the line 

:lol:

That's very funny.

They're like that lotto lout scumbag who won £10m.

Â