Manchester United

BOF

On 25/08/2019 at 18:05, Dr_Pangloss said:

Lingard is one of the very worst to ever where a United shirt, a complete and utter nothing player.

The only reason he's picked for England is because he plays for Man Utd. If he played for a midtable club he wouldn't have a single cap. It's baffling that they gave him a new mega bucks contract.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2019 at 10:38, kurtsimonw said:

As important as talent is, fear is just as big.

City and Liverpool are the most talented teams, but everyone plays in to their hands by allowing them as much of the ball as they want, and sitting back.  United don't scare teams anymore, so they tend to be a bit more forward thinking against them.

100%. We shit our pants at 1 up against Spurs when we should have stuck to our guns. Spurs were there for the taking. Fear lost it for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, andym said:

It still amazes me that he's nearly 27, he acts like an immature teenager

Not long ago I lived with a 30 year old who used to refer to himself as a "banter merchant" and had a mug he made on a date with things like "birds", "footie", "utd" and "beers" painted on it.

I'm only 27 and it amazes me how many people around my age are like this. Jesse Lingard is not far from the norm - possibly more level headed! I've always had a close knit group of mates since school so didn't really appreciate how many people like this there are out there until I lived with that guy. Love Island also helped to open my eyes (although I love shit TV like that so am a massive hypocrite).

Back on topic...with Martial injured it will be interesting to see how Utd line up over the weekend. Presumably James starts on one side again, but does anyone reckon Greenwood might get his shot? I've heard him raved about so would quite like to see him in action.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/09/2019 at 12:32, villalad21 said:

Martial, Pogba, Shaw injured. Bissaka and also Lingard doubtful for the game against Leicester.

Can't wait for the game, sit back grab some popcorn and enjoy the game on saturday 😀

Not bad so far 

Â