Jump to content
BOF

Manchester United

Recommended Posts

Hahaha Zlatan Ibrahimovic just scored with a bicycle kick after 3 minutes in his debut for Man U

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, sne said:

Hahaha Zlatan Ibrahimovic just scored with a bicycle kick after 3 minutes in his debut for Man U

I've just watched it, nice goal. But waking up and checking the news this morning, does Zlatan scoring a goal in a pre season friendly really warrant a place in the 'top stories' section of my BBC app?

 

And yes, i woke up on the wrong side this morning :angry:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, av1 said:

I've just watched it, nice goal. But waking up and checking the news this morning, does Zlatan scoring a goal in a pre season friendly really warrant a place in the 'top stories' section of my BBC app?

 

And yes, i woke up on the wrong side this morning :angry:

Agreed it was just like when LVG took over and they basically reported every time he farted. Bbc continues their love in with man utd

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho already making life difficult for himself banishing a good professional (although completely shot to shit) football to the reserve. Shoddy treatment for a modern legend.

No wonder no players want to play for him anymore. The halo has well and truly slipped.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

No wonder no players want to play for him anymore. The halo has well and truly slipped.

What do you mean no players want to play for him anymore?  He has just signed 2 of the best players in Europe with another on the way.  His previous-to-last Chelsea side (avec Lampard) and his Inter side would run through walls for him.  Whatever about a halo.  I don't think he ever claimed to be angelic, and he messed up with Carneiro, although that was exacerbated by her throwing a strop and leaving the club when Fearn who got the exact same treatment at the time hung around in the background and was eventually back on the bench.  It seems he lost that dressing room after that, but other than that he's still a winner.  And more to United's point and immediate need, he's certainly a short term winner.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, BOF said:

What do you mean no players want to play for him anymore?  He has just signed 2 of the best players in Europe with another on the way.  His previous-to-last Chelsea side (avec Lampard) and his Inter side would run through walls for him.  Whatever about a halo.  I don't think he ever claimed to be angelic, and he messed up with Carneiro, although that was exacerbated by her throwing a strop and leaving the club when Fearn who got the exact same treatment at the time hung around in the background and was eventually back on the bench.  It seems he lost that dressing room after that, but other than that he's still a winner.  And more to United's point and immediate need, he's certainly a short term winner.

His past sides did run through walls for him, that was his strength. They loved him and would do anything for him, the team and the system.

Can you honestly say that last Chelsea side was playing for him? He has always had the Devil in him and I loved that about him...but more and more I feel he isn't the same guy.

How can you treat a model professional like Schweinsteiger with such disrespect?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

His past sides did run through walls for him, that was his strength. They loved him and would do anything for him, the team and the system.

Can you honestly say that last Chelsea side was playing for him? He has always had the Devil in him and I loved that about him...but more and more I feel he isn't the same guy.

How can you treat a model professional like Schweinsteiger with such disrespect?

I think the past Chelsea side is the only example of players not playing for him, and we can pinpoint that to the Carneiro/Fearn incident where he badly misjudged a situation and mistreated 2 highly respected employees.  So that's a very specific situation and for me it does not indicate that he has lost any aura.  If anything I think he will have learned just how easy it is to lose a handle on a situation.  I think he was probably privately quite shocked about the fallout from that, and ironically I think he'll have learned from it.

As for Schweinsteiger.  Here's another article that takes a less sensationalist approach towards the "humiliation".

Instead, this total humiliation (and it is absolutely not just the above headline, these stories are all over the place) is telling him he did not fit in his plans, that he can find a new club, and that for the time being he must train with the U21s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's no different to Lambert coming in and telling senior professionals like Hutton and Warnock he didn't want them at the club anymore and they had to do the same as Schweinsteiger even if it was more financial.

And Lambert certainly dosen't have the standing Mourinho does in football.

Bastian has quite a few problems I think....a) he's seen as a Van Gaal man so you can understand why Mourinho wouldn't make him a key element of things...b) apparently a lot of United players weren't impressed that after he got injured in January he was barely seen at the club and then magically got fit for the euros and c) he's too old and slow for premier league now, certainly for what Morinho is asking for from his midfielders.

It was just a mistake to sign him, Bayern Munich would never have le him go if he was still capable of playing regularly at the top level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Mourinho lost his aura at Madrid, players stood up to him and he didnt really know how to counteract and then went back to Chelsea and players like Fabregas, Costa and Hazard started doing same as at Madrid and he probably would have had them in a relegation battle if he wasnt sacked. he had no idea how to counteract the slip last season

MOurinho has to change his attitude and demeanour or it will happen again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, VillaChris said:

It's no different to Lambert coming in and telling senior professionals like Hutton and Warnock he didn't want them at the club anymore and they had to do the same as Schweinsteiger even if it was more financial.

And Lambert certainly dosen't have the standing Mourinho does in football.

Bastian has quite a few problems I think....a) he's seen as a Van Gaal man so you can understand why Mourinho wouldn't make him a key element of things...b) apparently a lot of United players weren't impressed that after he got injured in January he was barely seen at the club and then magically got fit for the euros and c) he's too old and slow for premier league now, certainly for what Morinho is asking for from his midfielders.

It was just a mistake to sign him, Bayern Munich would never have le him go if he was still capable of playing regularly at the top level.

Exactly, players being told to train with the reserves when they are being shown the door is nothing new and not exclusive to Mourinho. It happens at every club. There is no benefit to have someone who has been told to leave in training and among the squad. I also completely disagree with the idea that because it is Schweinsteiger that he deserves preferential treatment and that he is a legend. He isn't a United legend and I couldn't give a shit about what he did before he came to United and thankfully those at United feel the same way. He has played one season with us where he displayed absolutely shocking fitness levels and largely rubbish performances.

He got injured and would **** off to Germany which didn't please the squad at all. Fans so far up his ass have claimed he is such a leader and big figure in our dressing room but by all means a number of the squad don't even like him. if he really was such a figure he should be down at Carrington every day with the squad, not in Germany. Luke Shaw had a broken leg but he was down at Carrington doing his rehab and still hanging out with the squad. Luke Shaw also did an interview and commented on every player except for Schweinsteiger and Sergio Romero which indicated just how big of a presence Schweinsteiger had on the team. He has been told to leave but has refused so he can train with the reserves. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had the pleasure of being inadvertently stuck amongst a group of Manchester United fans on a stag do on the train this afternoon. They were playing football trivia and the question was "we've won the league cup 4 times, who have we beaten in the final?", they got three pretty quickly but nobody had mentioned the villa. I didn't want to say anything as I didn't want to feel that we were so irrelevant that teams that have won trophies against us have forgotten. Eventually one of them remembered 2010 and that vidic should've been sent off and they were lucky to win, I didn't say anything but I'm glad some of them see it the right way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mourinho on top form :lol:

@ 02:20

"I know the discussion, I understand that, sometimes in football, things happen and the club breaks the record, but this is only possible at clubs like Man United.

“When I heard some of the comments and heard some of the managers criticising that, I don’t think they ever have this problem because, to have this problem, you need to be at one of the top clubs in the world."

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, Pogba. Worth the fee? Best midfielder in the world? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Xela said:

So, Pogba. Worth the fee?

Yeh imo. With the rumoured sponsorship deals being reduced if they dont hit CL's again + how often this type of player actually comes on the market + potential of him + marketability of him (they sure are milking it atm) + youve got him for next 10 years....    i dont think fee is all that bad

I read somewhere (cba to fact check tbh) that this is the similar ratio as ferdinand was in terms of cost:revenue? So doesnt seem that bad if thats true.


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In terms of quality, I think there are players just as good as pogba out there for cheaper. Vidal is actually a better player than Pogba (imo) and yet Pogba cost 3x as much. Although Pogba is younger, and far more marketable. Pogba will sell so many shirts worldwide. In terms of center mids who play similar to pogba, I'd say Modric, Vidal, Naingolan, Marchiso, and Kroos are all pretty much on the same skill level but would be cheaper, though none have the same marketability.

 

Edited by Czechlad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Be interesting to see who they can get rid of now. Even though they are United and generate more money than most clubs could ever imagine, they will need to get a few off the wage bill and get some money back in transfer fees.

Paddy McNair and Donald Love are off to Sunderland for a combined £4-5 million.

Ashley Young is rumoured to be off to Palace.

Wouldn't surpise me if the following leave:

Jones

Rojo

Schweinsteger

Darmian

Romero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And will be the highest paid player with £290.000 a week.

Makes me sick when i think of the 900 million people around the globe that dont have access to clean water, something is very wrong!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...
Â