Manchester United

BOF

really not surprised at all, Rooney is past it for a top Champions League club and Mourinho is not a man of sentiment. The 2 people he took it up against in his press conference was Giggs and Rooney probably 2 peopleyou would associate with United in last 10 years or so after Ferguson, which indicates to me that he is saying he is in charge and will do things his way

12 hours ago, tommybread said:

Shit, I'll gladly take 21 goals, 16 assists and a league title.

Well, not saying he did badly at all, merely pointing out that the sort of insane scoring record at PSG will not be replicated at United. 

Martial just got into double figures last season and was United top scorer and probably best outfield player. He will add a lot to the attack if he gets service

the Pogba to United link would probably be best deal they could make (also the worst deal if letting a player go for free and buying him back for world record fee is concerned :lol:

• Like 2

mkhitaryan is almost definitely the end of mata, when rooney gets given another chance to play upfront but again shows that he doesnt have the discipline to do it  because he wants to play roy of the rovers i think theres every danger it'll be the end of him too

Mkhitaryan is a top player, really looking forward to him in the prem, think he'll do well and it's the best signing by any of the top clubs.

Isn't the thing with Pogba is he simply dosen't want to come back, he'll either stay at Juve or go to Barca or Madrid in Spain if they come up with the money.

Interesting there's a link with Matiudi, that would be more of a Mourinho signing, a mobile player in central midfield who can break up play.

29 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

mkhitaryan is almost definitely the end of mata, when rooney gets given another chance to play upfront but again shows that he doesnt have the discipline to do it  because he wants to play roy of the rovers i think theres every danger it'll be the end of him too

Mourinho was the end of Mata.  He turfed him out of Chelsea for what he doesn't offer on the pitch.  That was never going to be any different at Old Trafford.

On 06/07/2016 at 05:35, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Quite surprised he's bummed Rooney off to be honest.

Where does Rooney go? Everton or abroad IMO. 

I suppose it will come down to his desire to keep playing at a decent level vs his desire for money.  The only way he will earn anything close to what he earns now is China/Middle east.

On 6 July 2016 at 08:22, S-Platt said:

Everton would be perfect for him once a blue always a blue let's see if he takes that pay cut to prove it!

Those in the know in the NW have been predicting this for the last 12 months.

It would make a lot of sense...be that sort of marquee signing Everton are desperate to make under this new owner they have.

He'll be in and out of united team this season, break the Sir Bobby goal record and then with two years left next summer leave I reckon.

He should do.  If he doesn't there'll be questions.  But at the same time there are some significant flies circling his ointment.  For all his success, his style of football is untried in England.  I'm not saying it won't work.  Far from it.  It should.  I'm just saying it's an unknown.  Then you've got the other big boys all coming off varying degrees of shocking seasons.  Man Utd's transfer dealings this season have shown they mean business.  From the manager, to Zlatan and Mkhitaryan.  Sniffing around Pogba.  That's all killer no filler.  Mourinho is also a notoriously quick starter.  Probably while his siege mentality is at its strongest and his squad haven't got siege fatigue yet.  Either way, they'll be a pain in City's ass at the least.  Abramovich you would expect will do everything he can to make sure Chelsea are immediately back where they belong, and Arsenal will be Arsenal.  There or thereabouts.

Personally I think it has to come down to the two Manchesters at the end of the day, but which one takes it I don't know.  I don't like betting against Mourinho though as a general rule.  Last season's Carneiro-inspired fallout notwithstanding.

• Like 2

It might take a season, Mourinho may have a better instant impact at United, but I fully expect Man City to become the best team in the country over the next couple of seasons.

Oh well next season obviously they'll also have Villa to contend with so all bets are off.  I just meant this season coming up :D

• Like 1

City signings have been underwhelming so far though. Still huge weakness at the back which if get Bonucci would make them better and also reliance on Aguero is still very much a problem

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

City signings have been underwhelming so far though. Still huge weakness at the back which if get Bonucci would make them better and also reliance on Aguero is still very much a problem

Yeah, I've seen nothing to suggest that Nolito for example will do anything in the Premier League.

^ That is exactly the kind of sentence that comes back to bite you 6 months later :D 

Â