Manchester United

BOF

People who moan and still moan about having Moyes over Jose really dont get it.

Utd probably wont win the league this season, or perhaps next. But they'll get back to winning it more times than not.

If they got Jose they probably would win it next season but then after a period he would leave along with the upheaval, Moyes will be there for the long haul like Taggert was.

yeah I think Moyes> Jose is sensible for club in long term. Mourinho doesnt care for youth players which is his downfall as a manager for me while United have always went for a younger approach

Well United do have the best champions league record of all English clubs since they were allowed back in after Heysel.

considering they had a 10 year advantage on Chelsea though. In last 10 years Liverpool an Chelsea have arguably better records

Ferguson's teams have an average record in the Champions League as they were indeed average, bar that one period I talked about with Ronaldo & Tevez, where over 3 years (06-09) they finished in the semis, won and were runners up, along with winning 3 league title's on the bounce. I maintain that was the only great team he ever built. Let's remember the Preimership was at it's absolute peak at that time in Europe, and they won 3 title's on the bounce. I mean look at the team from 99, I know Keane & Scholes were missing but Blomquvist & Butt. Yorke & Cole as amazing they were that year were not world class strikers, they were very good mind, but they were not a Van Nistelrooy/Persie. 

The 1998/99 side was all about balance.  I think a lot of the players in it might not be as good individually as players in other teams (though the midfield was up there with the current Barcelona midfield in my opinion) but they just clicked as a team. 

Cole & Yorke together were far better than they were individually.   Some people are just born to play together I guess. 

• Like 1

Can't see them winning the league or doing much in Europe.

They've finished 3rd a few times under Fergie though so can only really see people turning on Moyes if he seriously messes up and they're in danger of not even being in the top 4.

Yeah they've been 3rd on 3 occasions this century 2002, 2004 and 2005. Not many people know that, so if Moyes finishes 3rd which I think may happen I guess that could be something in his defence - kind of.

A team like manure , world wide brand etc etc, should really have a world class manager in charge. Would anyone really describe moyes as world class?

I wouldn't swap Lambert for Moyes (this proposition was put to me by a Man Utd fan to emphasise his point). I can only imagine what Man Utd fans are thinking now. I believe it's beginning to dawn on the previously-more-optimistic ones who were in favour of his appointment that they might have been wrong. He has been dreadful in pre-season so far :clap:

Yeah they've been 3rd on 3 occasions this century 2002, 2004 and 2005. Not many people know that, so if Moyes finishes 3rd which I think may happen I guess that could be something in his defence - kind of.

I think in fairness Fergie had more credit in his bank than any other manager in world football. Moyes doesn't so the knives will certainly be out from press and fans if he doesn't win anything and finishes 3rd.

Any Man U fan who is judging Moyes already is stupid. Lets at least wait until the season has actually started.

If things go badly and they are 8 or so points off first atfter a dozen the press will have a field day with moyes.

Â